a little angel grows up

sleasia

Well some of you may remember a year or so back I was crabbing about my blueface angel...and wondering when is he or is he ever going to change not that I cared so much, I certainly loved him the way he was...but wondering about color morphing. some people said they sometimes don't change in captivity. and one guy, i forget who, said "well I don't think they can not change". so i guess he was right. I promised to show pics of the morphing if and when it happened. it actually happened about 4 months ago, but I never got around to posting the pics...here they are......

sk8shorty01

Thats a cool transition. I like the idea, and I will have to keep that in mind for my emperor when I get it!

sleasia

thanks...it is cool to watch a color morph...
why it happens, what triggers it? maybe the mods know?

steve24

what kind of time frame are we looking at ? once you noticed the change starting up the last pic ...

sleasia

i think it took about 6-8 weeks...a long time. At first I thought he was sick with the little bit of fading on top. then I realized he might be morphing.

steve24

Originally Posted by sleasia
http:///forum/post/2526012
i think it took about 6-8 weeks...a long time. At first I thought he was sick with the little bit of fading on top. then I realized he might be morphing.
thanks, it looks awsome ...

myerst22

Great stuff I love seeing people Juvi's change to adults. Shows the that the fish has been treated very well. Well I have a Juvi Christmas Island Emperor that is just starting to change. I'm so excited to see the transformation right before my eyes. Here are soem pics.
Regards, Tim
3 Months ago

Now

drtash

I just bought the same fish yesterday. He is in my QT tank. Eating like a pig!!! Such a gorgeous fish

forddna

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I heard that they are born female and change to male..that's why they "change" appearance.