a little help starting out

pferboy

i have had a fo tank for 3 yrs and i am now going to a reef. i thought i had everything prefect but my finger leather is looking poor and my acros are bleaching. please help.
tank size 135 100#LR 60# aragonite
i have vho lighting 4-bulbs 3 are 50/50 and 1 actinic one of the 50/50 bulbs and the actinic bulb are new. 2 need replaced
ph 8.4 nitrate 10 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 calcium 400ish sg 1.026
since i noticed the bleaching i moved my acros to the top of the tank under the new bulbs in a breeding net thing. my green acro is about 70% bleached and my blue tip is just starting.
my finger leather is losing its color and has a film on it.
let me know what can be done i am currently trying to raise my calcium above 420

mlm

How long has this tank been set up as a reef? Do you have Live Rock? Did you put any medicine in it when it was FO. How long have you had these corals?

buzz

What is the intensity of the white spectrum on your 50/50 bulbs? Is it 6500K? I have been told that 50/50 bulbs look brighter, but actually emit less usable light, except for the actinic. Someone else should clarify, but I saw that in a recent post. You may want to swap out one or 2 of those 50/50 bulbs and go with a higher intensity.

pferboy

i started adding a majority of the corals 1 month ago. i have 100lbs of live rock. never used copper but did use kick ick a few times. i have had the green acro 3 wks blue tip acro and the finger leather 10 days.

pferboy

about 10 days for the green and 2 days for the blue tip.
how fast can i raise the calcium? will it hurt it if i boost it all at once or should i continue to do it slowly?

pferboy

the flow should be ok i had them directly in line with a powerhead. if it is the lighting am i screwed or will moving them to the top help?

justinx

You know, i am having the same issue with one of my acros as well. Except my calc and alk are both at good levels and have been for a while. So let me get this straight . . . it is possible for a coral to bleach from over exposure to light?