A new Aggressive- need help

bluewater

ok...
so I want to start a 60 gallon Aggressive
Fish tank. Planning on putting CC and some
Base Rock. I won't be upgrading the tank
to a larger size. And lighting to be with
deep blue actinics. I got the idea from
the Monterrey Aquarium's Deep Sea exhibit.
Definitely wanted to put in an EEL Lion,
and Porky Puffer. Are these 3 compatible?
And also, if possible, can I put more fish
in there? If so, what do you recommend?
(sizes which stay under 8 inches)?
Any type of Sharks? Or do I need to get a
120 gal tank? I would like to stay 60.
My apartment only has so much space.
Thnx in advance

carl s.

I have a question about the reply in regards to the compatability of the puffer and the eel. While the eel will conceal itself among the rock most of the time, is it in danger of being picked at, or "nipped" by the puffer given their nature?

swtanks

Hiding in the rocks won't protect the snowflake. I recently lost a 2 foot one. It was pulled out of its hiding spot and mutilated. If the fish wants the eel, it will find a way to get it.

bluewater

So it looks like I am getting a Snowflake and
a Dwarf Lion. What else can I put in there?
The Porky looks like it's out.
If I can find Some southdown, I'll toss that
in there and seed with live sand. As for the
base rock, I was going to put some live rock
on it. But I was pretty much going to rely
on a skimmer to take care of the load.

novice150

I wouldnt dismiss the Pork just yet. I have nearly the same setup your refering too. Lion, snowflake, pork, and shark egg. Its a 100, and Im hatching the bamboo shark egg right now. Of course he'll be going in the 300 later. But back to the pork and the eel, I've actually had trouble with the eel picking on the pork. The pork is by far my favorite fish in there. Lots of personality. If you keep them fed, I dont think you have any problems. (with the pork and eel that is) Just my opinion. :) ;) :D

pufferlover

Pork and Eel Ok. I would not do the Lion tho for reasons stated above. Make sure the Eel is fatter then the Porks mouth and that way you will avoid problems. I have a snowflake that is growing in a 45 gallon waiting for the day I can add it to my 120 with my Mated Pork pair who have very large mouths. It is almost there but I want to be sure it is nice and fat first.

guppie

I have had a porky and snowflake in my 125 for over a year and have never had a problem it is like the two does not know the other is in the tank. My concern would be that the porky would out grow the tank and you said that you do not plain to upgrade, you might want to look and some of the smaller puffers sharpnose, spotted or the blue spotted there is a couple more also. Good Luck