A Quick Question

zoidberg01

If you want fish that grows a least 3 inches I would reccomend less than five. You can get gobies, some wrasses, one dwarf angel just one a small puffer , chromis , some damsels, little species of tangs , shrimps n,udibranch , dartfish, firefish , dottybacks, blennies and cairdinals. I would also reccomend a killer whale and a giant squid so you can see them fight

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumgirl16 http:///t/396994/a-quick-question#post_3537411
If any of you have a 30 gallon tank, How many fish do you have, and what types are they. I just wanted some ideas.

UMM......there are no small species of tangs for a 30g, and damsels will kill everything in the tank less timid them themselves, then they turn on each other.

It isn't a matter of how many fish. Whatever you add, will dictate what you can add later. I don't know if you plan a fish only or have corals. The dwarf angel is a good choice for a little show fish, they are a brilliantly colored, active fish...but not all are coral safe, and it kind of depends on the individual fish...some will nip at corals and although the same species, may not.

A goby for a bottom dweller, but not the larger sandsifter gobies, get one that will not exceed 3 inches when fully grown. A Royal Gramma or dottyback (you must choose one or the other, since they will fight) As a rule (there are exceptions) same body shape or color will fight...so as long as you select your fish to be very different you "should be alright" I'm suggesting a book at the end of my post...it's great way to decide what fish you want, since it only matter what YOU want.

That's about it for fish...3 at the most 4 small fish... but then you can have some shrimp or crabs, your CUC of brittle or serpent stars, snails and such.

I kept 4 Erectus seahorses in my 30g, and 5 peppermint shrimp, macroalgae, coral and a bunch of different snails.

Here is a pic of my 30g when I had it, I upgraded to a 56g column tank now.

This is an awesome little book.

Here is an example page...click on the picture to see it enlarged

I

innerdragon103

Clown's are always a nice way to go (easy too), and there are a few different styles to choose from. I have a 29gal biocube and currently have 2 small black perc's and a royal gramma. They do perfectly fine together. In the future I'm thinking about a flame angel and some kind of goby. Wouldn't go past 5 fish though; some would argue that 5 is too much for 30 gallons.

I have a Royal gramma and two firefish. I was wondering If getting another green coral goby would be OKAY. I have a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp too.