A 'RISKY' Investment but Nonetheless a Rescue Effort Underway

S

smallreef

Okay, well again do some good water changes and get the Coppersafe out of the water and see how she does for a few days.. If you can soak her food in some fresh garlic juice or some selcon to help replenish missing vitamins it should help...also Im assuming you are putting in algae sheets for her to chomp on? Just keep on your water changes and she may just get better on her own being out of that enviorment... did you happen to ask the LFS if they copper their tanks? (alot that are basically just holding tanks that are linked do and thats why they dont have any rock in them) Copper is SOOOO hard on fish...

Yeah they dont use copper in their tanks. I never buy fish from a LFS unless its a critter I cant find anywhere else and they carrry it for some reason.
I checked on him this morning and he's doing ok.
I am going to go perform a 50% water change at lunch time. I am running carbon and a skimmer. I am giving him the best water chemistry I can offer.

Update:
Dead
His condition worsenend and started to develop a weird reddish lesion near the vent. His pop eye exploded all of a sudden and quickly led to his demise.
I tried but thats all I could do. I offered hope.

S

smallreef

AWWWWW im sorry to hear that, atleast you tried to make him better and did your best... hopefully it will go better with the next