a sad day for a reef.

mlm

I am thinking about changing my sps reef tank into a fish only with liverock and live sand. My wife is about to have a baby, I lost my job and I am about to start college again (got the wrong degree the first time) and I think it would be much easier to not have to deal with all of the coral. Since I am getting rid of all the coral I would like to get rid of all the life support equipment that goes along with keeping the coral alive. I have 2 400 watt blueline eballast, 2 new 10 k ushio and 2 new 6.5 k Iwasaki, Lifereef Calcium Reactor, Aqualogic 1/4 hp drop in chiller, American Marine Ph controller, and Mag 24, mag 9.5 pumps that I would be looking to get rid of. All this equipment is 5 to 8 months old and in perfect working condition. Would anyone here be interested in this equipment. I can post pics if interested.

mlm

I know I hate to get rid of it all but right now I could use the money more than a pile of aquarium equipment.
Thanks for the concern.

escape2thewater

Sorry to hear (read) about that. I know it would crush me to have to sell all my stuff. If you havent already you should post this in the trading/classified section. Also maybe try to sell on eb_y. Nothing like timing huh?
Kyle
ps- congrats on your baby though!

attml

mlm,
I am very sorry to hear such bad news! Hang in there! Things will turn around!
If you would please send me a list of what you are selling I may be interested! attml@yahoo.com Good luck and I hope you find a better job then the last one quickly!

nm reef

Real sad to hear that you are leaving the hobby...but sounds to me like you've got priorities ... best of luck moving your equipment....I'd be interested in the ballasts if you've still got them available. Also try this post in the trading/classified section...best of luck.

nmreef@cox.net

krishj39

Sorry you have to get out of the hobby. While you lost your job, it seems that you are making positive progress in life, which is always a good thing. Hope the best for you. I'm interested in all of the MH equipment and bulbs.
Kris

marinemarty

Hi All, Has anyone heard from this guy regarding his sale? Just curious to see if things are still available? I am sure he has his hands full. Good Luck Buddy....
Martin

legend

i sold all my tanks when i started college...i regret doing it, but i needed the cash then. Now i have a 125g and a 20g tank again.
The complete tanks i sold where a 40, 45, 55, and a 90 gallon set up...man i miss that 40g and 90g the most.
I would say hold on to all your stuff, i wish i did. The money you get for it really wont be worth it, when you have to re buy everything like i had too.

mlm

Ok its been 5 months since I posted this and I see I left a few people hanging. It was a rough time and I did not have anytime to get back on here and answer people of sell things. Anyway I still have the tank and found a buyer for all the SPS and clams. I still have all the equipment and I am still looking to sell it if ant one is interested please email me at mariomontagnino@yahoo.com as I will not be coming here to much.
Sorry all.