A Sunset Anthias with this stocklist?

eugenez_21

Will there be any problems if I add a group of sunset anthias to my stocklist, and if ok how many 3 or 5? Also is it a bad idea to have them with 3 blue green chromis. 75 gallon reef
1 yellow tang
1 copperband butterfly ?
1 yellow tailed damsel
2 purcula clowns
1 Lawnmower Blenny
3 Blue-Green Chromis

fishygurl

not sure about the stocklist but anthias are supposed to be somewhat hard to keep and need a lot of feedings through out the day

srfisher17

I've seen a couple of species called "sunset anthias"; if you're talking about , IMO, a 75 isn't big enough for a trio. They need lots of swimming space. Parvirostris Anthias are also deep water fish and don't do real well with intense lighting. If you're looking at a different fish, let us know; I've kept a lot of anthias and love them. They are demanding, but fascinating fish when kept in trios or groups. IMO, they're rather ordinary when kept singly.

eugenez_21

Yes Im looking at the Parvirostris Anthais, its called the sunset on this web site. Can you recommend a good trio to a 75 gal.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by eugenez_21
http:///forum/post/2655367
What about the Bartlett Anthias.
A beautiful fish that, IMO, would work. My 1st choice would be Ignitus (easy for an anthias), Randalls (often stays closer to the bottom)), or Carberryi. Anthias are spectacular fish that add a lot of movement to the more open parts of the tank. I don't think they are nearly as popular as they should be. None of them are real "easy" fish, IMO; but those listed aren't that hard, either.

eugenez_21

I think Ill go with the Bartletts. I need 1 male and 2 female, or all females, is that right. Also the Barletts on SWF what --- are they

fishygurl

anthias can change their gender, if they were all females eventually one would change into a male, if the male dies another female would take his place.. so if you cant buy male and females just by a group of females and u will have to wait..