A very helpfull little tool I found for cheap

robertmathern

I got a flood alarm at another online fish store but you can pick them up at the home of the depots for 10 bucks. Its like a smoke alarm but detects water. I have to and they have saved me a few headachs. Since my rodi is hooked directly to my sump if I forget to shut it off and the water gets to high an alarm will sound and it is loud. I also have one in a tub that holds my skimmer since it is external it will go off if the skimmer goes nuts and overflows witch does happen from time to time. Here is a pic of the skimmer to show what I am talking about. It dont have the flood alarm in the pic I will try to get another pic soon. But figured I would share and maybe SWF might want topick some up to sell on here. Trust me they are a life saver. Here are a couple of pics

adee

that is sooo cool!! only pitfall is were not home a whole lot, our luck it would happen while at work lol

robertmathern

LOL I hear ya there murphys law will get you everytime. In my case it catches me when I am asleep. I have overflowed my sump from forgetting to shut off the RODI twice before geting these alarms and overflowed the skimmer when I hooked it up. I also blew my supply line to my RODI when I was asleep. Now I dont have to sleep with one eye open lol. I can rest know the tank is good. You can always get a float switch but I know first hand they go bad and you wont know it till its to late. Good old murphy there is no beating it.