Aarow crab, sally lightfoot?

b-diddles

I curently have a Emerald crab, hermits, snails, pepermint shrimp and a coral banded shrimp. I have read that some people have had an arrow and coral banded fight. Any success with these two and other inverts combined? My CBS was a bully at first, I think it is the food level for him that is a catalist for his aggression. (MY openion) I think the Aarow looks cool and helps control the overpopulation of bristle worms. Bonus. My CBS is supposed to do the same. How are your Aarows with other inverts and fish?
I was going to start another thread, but I decided to add the Sally Lightfoot the the table. All questions ditto for sally lightfoot.

ophiura

I am not personally a fan of sally light foots or any particularly large crab.
Arrow crabs can be potentially problematic as they can have an attitidue. I would not rely on them to work away at bristleworms (an overpopulation of which indicates a nutrient problem...which would need to be addressed).
How big is your tank?

b-diddles

Originally Posted by ophiura
http:///forum/post/2860396
I am not personally a fan of sally light foots or any particularly large crab.
Arrow crabs can be potentially problematic as they can have an attitidue. I would not rely on them to work away at bristleworms (an overpopulation of which indicates a nutrient problem...which would need to be addressed).
How big is your tank?
I have a 55 gallon tank, but I have heard that they can easily overpopulate. That is where the preventitve measure of cbs, 6 line wrasse and arrow crab would come into effect. I don't know.

natclanwy

I really enjoy my Sally Lightfoot crab but, I cannot keep any other ornamental inverts in my tank ie Emerald crab, shrimp, ect... So I would not add one to your existing system.

Emerald Crabs can get very nasty when they get larger. I have had a cleaner skunk in my tank with my Sally Lightfood and had no issues with the Sally, but my Columbia Sharks, i think took it out eventually.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by DoggiePuffer
http:///forum/post/2870424
Emerald Crabs can get very nasty when they get larger. I have had a cleaner skunk in my tank with my Sally Lightfood and had no issues with the Sally, but my Columbia Sharks, i think took it out eventually.
How big is your Sally? Mine is about 4" wide to the tips of its legs and she is a beast she even tries to attack my wife when she gets too close to the glass. Doesn't bother my fish though unless they are fighting over the same piece of food then the fish quickly retreat. Just tried some more peppermints and they didn't make it a week, dropped one in my sump just to make sure it wasn't something in my tank that was killing off shrimp besides the sally and that one is doing fine so I'm done adding shrimp to my tank.