about algae

movadoman21

i have posted some pics on a earlier post about my carpet algae
and some on my rocks. umm i was told not to add any new fish yet untill my cycle has started or completed. so i cna't get a few hermeitt crabs or will that cause a bio- over load? any chemicals i can get to get rid of the alge?

slick

Has your tank cycled yet? If not how long has it been cycling? Inverts such as crabs, snails, and shrimp don't add to the bio load.

movadoman21

ok my tests are perfect ever since i started my tank.
my PH

[hr]
AMMONIA

[hr]
NITRITE

[hr]
NITRATE

[hr]
i been testing it since 3/17-4/19 no changes nothing. i have two clowns in there with a fluval 303 filter 55gals protien skimmer installed but not runnning. the results are even with the two clown fish. when i set my tank up i also used natures live sand i got 3 bags of it. and still no cycle yet. mabye i missed it i dont know.
my salt is between 1.023 and 1.024.
so hermit crabs are ok to add even though the cycle hasn't started yet and since they wont add to the bio load its ok then right? i can get a few of them and not worry if they gonna hurt the tank?

movadoman21

those tests are the same since in started the tank and since in put my two clow (test) fish in. the cycle hasn't started yet