??? about plumbing 2 tanks together

balashark21

i have a 30 gallon up and running for about 4 months. i would like to get a 40 gallon or so corner tank and plumb the two together. how would i go about doing this??? would i have to cycle the corner before plumbing?? or oculd i just plumb togethere and watch ammonia, trates and trites?? and feed sparingly untill stable. hmmm i would really like to do this. also would this fall through the floor?? they would be within a 5 foot area and on the second floor. lemme go check what is underneeth my room real quick.

gatorcsm

I have 4 tanks plumbed together... two sumps...
A 90 is setup with its own sump (sump b). A 125, 110, and 28 are plumbed to another sump(sump a)
Sump a is the lowest sump.
Sump b overflows to sump a and the 125, 110, 28 overflow to sump a.
Pumps all go from sump A to sump B, 125, 110, and 28...
As long as you work your way down, you're fine.
I would plumb them together from the start, the other established tank should take care of any spike. Obviously, you wouldn't want to use any uncycled/uncured rock with the new one, otherwise you would have a cycle in the whole system.

balashark21

yeah the way i see it this wont work too well. i think i am going to scrappe the project and just focus on my 30 get some new corals :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: i can get some VERY rare corals with the money i was planning on spending. it would have been cool tho. hmmmm but hey i need some new kalk, a new p/h, new calc testers, not to mention the new corals:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: heh heh maby ican start my zoo garden (i want to have the entire sandbed covered with rocks with zoos on them all different colors mixed. that would be purty huh?? with all the other corals up higher i cant wait to see some growth from my corals

dreeves

Have the two tanks plumbed to a single sump with one pump supplying both..."T" it off and run a return to each pump with valves to regulate flow...with the supply to the sump "T" them in together.