above ground pool? SHARKS?

hatessushi

If you look at ryanhayes9 first post and in the top right corner you will see that he is in Florida

Southern Cal gets to cold in the winter unless you are keeping colder water sharks

hatessushi

Originally Posted by maelv
It sounds cool, but first question in my mind was how would you keep the temperature correct...someone asked....no one has answered yet. How would you keep this thing heated in the winter???
If you read my first post I answered that he lived in Florida so the temp should not be an issue but if the temp was a concern then the use of a swimming pool heater powered by gas, electricity, of solar power would suffice. I would go with solar.

maelv

Yes I did see Florida was target location....but I have been to florida in the winter and as Fish1031 said it still does drop pretty low...granted it doesn't freeze, but I would imagine at 30 and 40 degrees a heater would be needed. I just didn't know what kind of heater one could use, thanks hatesushi for clarifying.

krj-1168

I fully understand it's not wise to misrepresent your self or your property to insureance companies. I was just stating that when most insurance agents hear the word "Shark", and they may naturally think - big blood -thirsty fish that may eat people. So they may automatically say No, or look at you like you've lost your mind. Be perpared to fully explain things to them
Generally most insurances agents just want to know if the species is potentially dangerous to people visiting your home(opening you up for a law-suite if something does happen). If you plan to let people enter the tank/pond with the shark or not.
But still the best thing to do is to ask your insurance agent - if it would make a bit of difference in you home insurance, before you get the shark. But plan to explain in detail - about the species your planning on keeping. and about the tank or pond you plan on keeping it in.
Also note - as I've said before - INDOOR Pond, Perferably in a room with heat & A/C - this way it be much easier to maintain a more constant water temp for the pond.