Acan lord or Echinata ?

blazin2k6

Ok so i got me a new acan today at the lfs for 40 :) I was so happy with it once i put it in my tank. It was a bland purple color at the lfs but once i put into tank it turned into a beautiful icy blue color with purple edges. anyone know if its a lord or echinata ?

blazin2k6

Thats what i was thinking rebelprettyboy but i wasnt positive. Thanks for the quick comment and response. And yes its so much more beautiful in person than the picture. Hope to have more pics tomorrow

mr_x

lords are separate polyps. echinata share the wall of the polyp, and just have separate mouths.

mr_x

that resembles a lord to me. do you see the split between the polyps? i'm not sure. give it a few days, then take more pics.

A

alexmir

VERY nice find!!!
Try to get some really close pics of the polyps. Do the polyps puff up more? i say just check them out for the next week

blazin2k6

Thanks Mr.X,Loopy101,and alexmir for the comments. I appreciate it alot. Yes i will try to get more close ups in the next day or two. I will have to borrow a camera to do that. These are best pics my camera will do :( But yeah it does appear to me with the

[hr]
eye that they are single polyps and not really attached to one another. But i dont know really. I just know they dont appear to resemble my other echinatas that much. So was wondering. But yes i am so happy with my find. I am gonna go and buy another acan that had at the lfs tuesday and see how that goes :)

viper_930

Those are either small polyps or big hermits. :) I also compared them to the size of the mysids. If the polyps are larger than I think, then it's probably an acan lord.

blazin2k6

Thank you all for the valuable feedback, rebelprettyboy,viper_930,and Mr.X
when i was in the lfs buying these i told the guys, These look more like micromussa to me than acans but they was persistent on them being acans. But if they are acans i would think they are acanthastrea lords. They are definately single polyp now that i have had em a couple days and can tell. Well i've never had a lord so i dunno how big the polyps should be. but most of those polyps are about an inch in diameter. And i have a mIcro right behind it and the polyps on this dont extend near as far out at night as my micro does. Either way whatever they are i am extremely happy with my find :) I think they have a Japanese Acan Echinata at the store and i will go pick that up today :) iLL POst pics and hopefully someone can help me ID it as well.

blazin2k6

Ok well i'm thinking more and more everyday that its a Micromussa Amukusensis like Viper 920 thought as well. Thanks for all the input everyone :)

blazin2k6

Thanks Paintballer768 for the comment. Yes i think a great find as well. It seems to grow pretty fast also :) i've noticed many new heads on it since i bought it. here is a pic i took Saturday :) hope yall enjoy