Acanthastrea Lordhowensis growth

ucdpike2001

I just purchased a Acanthastrea Lordhowensis frag and am curious how this coral grows. Does it grow like a clam where the calcium deposited onto it? I know that it is a hard coral but i have heard that if you place the frag onto of another rock it will eventually fuse somehow and grow (i dont really buy this b/c it is a hard coral). Also, what should i feed it? I have heard that brine shrimp is ok.
Thanks

viper_930

Smaller polyps will start to grow on the edges of the colony and it'll continue to grow like that. The more you feed the faster they grow and spread. Brine isn't that good for it. Feed them some mysis or krill instead.

ucdpike2001

So if i place my fraq ontop of another rock and feed it; eventually it will spread to the other rock. It is an encrusting coral, right?
I bought for $50 from a lfs going out of business sale. Wow, 200 sounds like a lot. The colors on mine are gray/red. I have heard that this is a less expensive coloration.

S

scriggle

whoa, only LFS around here that has them gets $70 for 3 polyps

fishieness

getbackers. good choice

anyways, back to the thread..... Id like to get an acan, but im worried that they are as slow at growing as my blasto frag. Does anyone how fast they grow? Cuase id start by buying one or two polyps and eventualy fragging it. any experience with growth rate?