Acclimating 2 Lettuce Nudis...should I take them to the LFS instead?

crazyzeus1

Just got 2 lettuce nudibranches from an internet order of fish/inverts. Then I'm reading more about lettuce nudis while they're acclimating....ACK! The website I got them from (and others from my reading THEN) seemed to say it was OK. Hmmmm...
What do you think??? I could take them to my LFS if you think it's not good for the tank...We have a 100gal reef tank with 130lb liverock. Thanks!

crazyzeus1

Well, been doing more reading...Marine Biologist msg. boards & such...and I guess I'm not worried anymore. Was worried about the toxins, but appears that in research (not just saltwater "he said she said"
) the Lettuce Nudis don't emit toxins like a true sea slug or nudibranch would.
My other concern was food supply, but research says that if lighting is growing algae (it is) then is enough light for Lettuce Nudi to live. One, eating algae. Two, using their photo-cells (can't recall the name) to survive as well. Research proved they would eat algae other than Bryopsis.
Anywho--guess I'll put them in & give it a shot.
Thanks for looking!

my way

Just be carefull of it getting sucked into Powerheads and pumps and you should be OK. I love mine, in fact I'd like to get another one.