Acclimation mistake

tang 1

Just ordered a reef package and two coral banded shrimp were included. I followed the drip instructions, placed the shrimp and crabs in one bucket and the snails in another (I didn't want the snails to be food for the crabs), but when I checked on the buckets a 1/2 hour later the smaller of the two shrimps tore off the arms/claws of the other shrimp! I felt so bad!
Do the arms/claws grow back?

grmreefer2

one of my coral banded released an arm, for an un-known reason.. its been a few days now and its starting to grow back

misfit

Did you buy them as a pair? What size tank are they going in?If they are not a mated pair,and they are going in a small tank ,you might want to take one back cause they are known to fight with each other. Most people say one to a tank unless its a large tank.

tang 1

Thanks for the reply, I have a 100 gallon tank and the "clawless" one is on one side of the tank the other one is on the other side. It's been 3 days and so far they're making peace.

misfit

You should be alright in that size tank, I was just worriec that you had a smaller tank.Enjoy them, they are soo cool to watch.Mine cleans my fish every night too