Acclimation ?

row

I am acclimating my Coral Beauty to my DT this weekend. I just wanted some tips or opinions about how to acclimate it. I was goiong to catch it and put it in a plastic baggy, and add water every5-10 min. Is this an acceptable way?

geridoc

Take a look to the right of this post, at the "Acclimation" button. It will run a Flash that will show you a great way to acclimate fish.

row

I suppose I should have put I was transferring my CB from my QT to my DT. Would you still recommend drip acclimation. My water parameters are both the same, besides PH (8.2 DT and 8.0 QT).

dawman

I would put the fish in a clean bucket with the water you are taking it from . Then drip the new water from the new tank slowly[use an air valve or tie a knot in the air line ] .Do that for 2 hours and he will be safe to into the new home.

row

Thanks for the info. I thought acclimating fish from QT from DT might be a little different than acclimating them from the LFS.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ROW
Thanks for the info. I thought acclimating fish from QT from DT might be a little different than acclimating them from the LFS.
If your water specs are the same then you can shorten the time to an hour. The fish still has to be acclimated though.