ACORN + Obama

oscardeuce

Votes are apparently cheap in Ohio. A few bucks and cigarettes
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/20...gn&position=12
Just another example of Obama's poor choice in relationships. I'm not surprised this is Cuyahoga county either. I like to call Cuyahoga county "Little Chicago".
No way this election will be fair.
I'm still waiting to hear from the Summit County board of elections about Tiger Woods' move to Akron.

ironeagle2006

What needs to be done is any and all ACORN related registartions PULLED and then lets have those people show up in person. Better yet CHARGE ANY AND ALL PEOPLE ThAT HAVE WORKED WITH ACRON AND THAT INCLUDES OBAMA UNDER THE RICO ACT. Lets tur US Atty Pat Fitzgerald loose on the case and watch them squirm.

salty blues

According to former Sen. John Kasich(R), voters in Ohio are not required to produce a valid picture ID before voting.
In my state of Louisiana,(which many think of as a backward state), showing a picture ID, usually a valid state driver's license, has long been a requirement for registering and voting.

sickboy

Its really too bad that there are some committing fraud with ACORN. The problem is that they have registered legitimate people, but that is overshadowed by fraud. You would have to find a way to let these people vote still, but without the fake ones.
Ohio doesn't require ID?????!!!???? No wonder there is fraud, maybe they should change their rules. I have to have my ID matched to my name and address on a list before I can vote.

socal57che

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2794165
Its really too bad that there are some committing fraud with ACORN. The problem is that they have registered legitimate people, but that is overshadowed by fraud. You would have to find a way to let these people vote still, but without the fake ones.
Ohio doesn't require ID?????!!!???? No wonder there is fraud, maybe they should change their rules. I have to have my ID matched to my name and address on a list before I can vote.
People also keep overlooking their ties to the failed home loan calamity we are facing. I think there will be a lot more spilling of the proverbial beans where ACORN is concerned.

reefraff

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2794171
People also keep overlooking their ties to the failed home loan calamity we are facing. I think there will be a lot more spilling of the proverbial beans where ACORN is concerned.

This is what I don't get. Democrats, despite past history of voter fraud with Acorn tried to hand them another box of money in the bailout. I don't understand why the Republicans haven't hung the Fanny/Freddie mess and Acorn around the Dems necks.

rylan1

There maybe some fraud... but there are also people who registered multiple times that are just trying to help the registrators out... I think a large part of it is people who are approached just filing out the forms again... and people who are told you can register as much as you want.. I do however believe that there are some who are unethical or who commit fraud by signing false names or fake names...
I however don't think this is some scheme to rig the election because you do have to provide ID or some sort of mailed letter such as a utlity bill stating your name and address to vote.

stdreb27

I'm all for pointing out how obama's former pastor preached that american military action is terrorism, or how obama launched his state senate campaign out of a terrorist's house.
"Which brings us to Mr. Obama, who got his start as a Chicago "community organizer" at Acorn's side. In 1992 he led voter registration efforts as the director of Project Vote, which included Acorn. This past November, he lauded Acorn's leaders for being "smack dab in the middle" of that effort. Mr. Obama also served as a lawyer for Acorn in 1995, in a case against Illinois to increase access to the polls.
During his tenure on the board of Chicago's Woods Fund, that body funneled more than $200,000 to Acorn. More recently, the Obama campaign paid $832,000 to an Acorn affiliate. The campaign initially told the Federal Election Commission this money was for "staging, sound, lighting." It later admitted the cash was to get out the vote."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1223...mEditorialPage

rylan1

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2794308
I'm all for pointing out how obama's former pastor preached that american military action is terrorism, or how obama launched his state senate campaign out of a terrorist's house.
But although Obama clearly supported Acorn as an organization, I do seriously doubt he sat there and said oh lets commit voter fraud. It was more of a oh, you are a "non-partisan" (wink wink) voter organization, good for you, I'll need all the votes I can get. The reason, the link between the two doesn't bother me like the other two serious issues, is that i really don't think had this been an organization that played the other way, mclame would have done anything about it. And secondly, I really haven't heard any strong argument linking the two. Sure I've heard political speak rhetoric praising acorn, but nothing that links obama to decision making process. Although I do feel that Acorn in and of itself is a MAJOR scandal. And I do think it is being used by some members of the left as their "muscle" I don't think Obama was. (not that he wasn't he just hasn't been in politics long enough to be dipping his finger in every democrat cookie jar)
I agree mostly with you here... aside from the wink..wink..
I don't think this was from the top down or even an attempt at fraud... I blame the organization at the local level... people put all sorts of those things on forms... and they should have been reviewed before submission... I hope that people weren't bribing with cigs or drugs as some have said ... overall I would blame the individuals who are actually taking the registrations and their actions... Overall I think what they do is good because there are many, especially in inner city areas whom are untrusting of the democratic process and believe "they" will put in gov't whoever they want.... It however is not really a huge scandal IMO until after the election and if people who false registered voted.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2794321
I agree mostly with you here... aside from the wink..wink..
I don't think this was from the top down or even an attempt at fraud... I blame the organization at the local level... people put all sorts of those things on forms... and they should have been reviewed before submission... I hope that people weren't bribing with cigs or drugs as some have said ... overall I would blame the individuals who are actually taking the registrations and their actions... Overall I think what they do is good because there are many, especially in inner city areas whom are untrusting of the democratic process and believe "they" will put in gov't whoever they want.... It however is not really a huge scandal IMO until after the election and if people who false registered voted.
I'm talking relationship between Obama and Acorn.
However Acorn, on the other hand...
This is what gets me, if a republican breathed in a building where there is a possibility of a corporate scandal, we get 4 weeks of new coverage. the CEO is roasted, we get pelosi saying stuff like republican culture of corruption ect. We have stuff in the democrat playground like Fanny and Freddy, Acorn. You get oh it is no big deal. Or "we need to not point fingers and fix the problems."
Seriously Fanny and Freddy and their corruption just caused the dow to drop 50% this year, and democrat finger prints and blue dresses are all over the place, and it is swept under the rug. This is WAY bigger than say what Ken Lay did.
Meanwhile you have a leftist organization who really does have a culture of illegally registering voters. And oh it is no big deal. The top really didn't know about it.
No offence but it really doesn't make any sense.

reefraff

This fraud is nothing new. If ACORN didn't want this to happen why haven't they changed their policy since the late 90's when this was going on? Why do they alway seem to drop a large number of registrations on the country clerks at the last minute every year?
While the clerks are rushing to try to clean up these messes what else is slipping through?

miaheatlvr

So far 8000 voter registration cards for Obama have been turned in for suspicion of voter fraud. Heres the kicker, they used the names of long deceased people and members of the Dallas Cowboys, lol AND THIS comes from the Clinton News Network.

For the record, my parents have volunteered the past two elections here in Ohio, and I can assure you, with 100% certainty that you MUST PRODUCE A VALID, STATE OR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID in order to cast your vote. Not only that, they scan it to make sure it's valid, and can't be used twice.
So all this craziness about voter fraud seems a little odd to me as far as throwing the election. From what I can tell, unless it's done by absentee or some other form, how does this really effect the race?

reefraff

Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid
http:///forum/post/2795753
For the record, my parents have volunteered the past two elections here in Ohio, and I can assure you, with 100% certainty that you MUST PRODUCE A VALID, STATE OR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID in order to cast your vote. Not only that, they scan it to make sure it's valid, and can't be used twice.
So all this craziness about voter fraud seems a little odd to me as far as throwing the election. From what I can tell, unless it's done by absentee or some other form, how does this really effect the race?

You are wrong on that as well
When You Vote, Bring I.D.
Many forms of identification will be accepted. They are:
Early In-Person and Absentee Voting
The last four digits of voter’s Social Security number; or
driver's license number; or
A copy of a current and valid photo identification, (i.e. Ohio driver’s license, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and address; or
A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).
Election Day Voting
A current and valid photo identification (i.e. Ohio driver’s license, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and address (does not need to be current address for driver’s license or state id card); or
A military identification that shows the voter’s name. (Does not need to show address); or
A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or
other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).
Not too hard to fake a utility bill