Acquascaping - 1st Try

osb

My LR arrive this morning, 45# Fiji & 30# Tonga Deep. Here is my first attempt at acquascaping. How does it look?

teen

i personally like rocks that pile high, not side ways:) but its cool like that:D maybe some more rock that piles up higher

evilbob22

I like it... a lot of hiding places and places to swim through. The only concern is the rocks close to the glass. It is almost impossible to keep the glass clean where the rocks get too close (and underneath that spot). All in all a great job!

osb

Never thought of having to clean the glass. Is this going to be a major problem for me? Also, how long until this starts to smell...........just so i'm prepared :nervous:

dmitry

Yeah, you wanna leave some room by the glass to clean off the algae. And personally I also prefer to see rocks piled up high, at least in places. But that's a personal aesthetic choice. Otherwise looks good; I want a tank that big!!! The rocks will start smelling almost immediately, though mine were never that bad. I hardly noticed; got lucky, I guess!

slammy16

Ya,
Leave some room around the glass so you can clean the wallls.. prabably about 3 inches.. enought to fit a magnet cleaner between. Go higher its better..

osb

I'm going to make a couple of minor changes, move a piece or two from the sides, and stack the a bit higher. The tank is DEEP, 32" to be exact, and I'm affraid to go too high. No stink yet, i scrubbed off most of the squishy black stuff. One rock oozed some yellow/orange goo. Pretty gross