acrobatic fish

cjason3041

ok i have a 29G biocube... i moved my clown into the tank from another, where he has lived for 3 years...i have found him in the back compartments 3 times in 2 weeks now....and the 6 line i have in there (been there a month) just jumped it today...how do i stop them?? any ideas for a barricade?? :help:

N

nemo_66

i really dont know how the back of a biocube looks like, but if it wont affect anything, you could put a peice of plexi glass on it.

fenrir

Maybe some plastic mesh? I would make sure the holes were small enough so your fish could get caught.

cjason3041

Originally Posted by Bruder
I had a clown take the plunge too. You can use some prefilter material to babyproof the rim.

ahh i like that...cut it in the center and slip it over the lip??? right?

bruder

Originally Posted by cjason3041
ahh i like that...cut it in the center and slip it over the lip??? right?
Yup

mkzimms

i had that happen to my perc... i could never get him to host anything i put in the tank, he fell over the lip in to the back and when i noticed i popped him back into the tank. next thing i know, hes sitting under the mushroom patch. he learned his lesson.

My trustworthy lfs told me to put weaterstripping on top of the wall to make wall seal to lid so clown couldn't get over. I haven't yet because he has only been back there once when just introduced to tank he likes to sleep up there close to top of water and wall when startled jumped over. MBintraining

blondie_00

if you do the weather striping let us know how it works. I have problems with my snails and hermits going over also i bought a tiger jawfish AWESOME fish but i didn't see him one day and later that night i took a better look i found him in the back...but he didn't make it after sitting there all day
so good luck to ya!!!

My bi-color dottyback jumped over the wall sometime yesterday, and I have tried everything I know to get him out, but as you probably are well aware of there is not much room to fit your arm back in those compartments.
How did you get your fish out? Mine's still back there!

cjason3041

FYI follow up... i was able to net him out, i cut some clear 5/8" tubing lengthwise and slipped it over the tank divider....no more jumping....well except now i have a pepermint shrimp back there.....still thinking on that one