Acros - 1 month in tank

al&burke

I woke up this morning early again thanks to my Jack Russell I sat in front of my tank checking things out and noticed my acro was really extended more so than I have ever seen. Snapped a few cool shots - I thought i would share. Also my millipora which has been having some problems is still hanging in there. Thanks for looking! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday people.

spanko

Acro looks good but the milli is really struggling. Millis like real intense flow and higher lighting IME. Where is yours relative to those parameters. My millis are at the top of the tank, actually stick out of the water when I do a water change. And they are on the same level as the MP10 power head so they are getting a lot of flow on and around them.

ibew41

nice I dont have any plating monti but when I see them I want them if this was not super bowl sunday I would be going to the lfs.I think next weekend I will have to get some

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/383715/acros-1-month-in-tank#post_3357973
Acro looks good but the milli is really struggling. Millis like real intense flow and higher lighting IME. Where is yours relative to those parameters. My millis are at the top of the tank, actually stick out of the water when I do a water change. And they are on the same level as the MP10 power head so they are getting a lot of flow on and around them.
Thanks Henry - The milli is almost at the highest point of the tank, with a Koralia 750 almost pointing at them. Interesting when you look at the picture the one larger part of the coral is actually getting color back, at least I think it is. When i redo my scape I will make sure it is up high with good flow, I am happy with the acro - thanks for your comments.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEW41 http:///forum/thread/383715/acros-1-month-in-tank#post_3357974
nice I dont have any plating monti but when I see them I want them if this was not super bowl sunday I would be going to the lfs.I think next weekend I will have to get some
Thanks IBEW41 - I am really happy with the acro, these are my first sps corals so a huge learning curve for me. I think once I have the sump and new fuge going it sould be good. Enjoy the game today.