acrrylic buffing 101 per psusocr1

i was wondering if u can use the same stuff #2 and #3 on the inside of the tank. Also where do you purchase the #2 and #3 stuff. i dont remember what its called. And one last thing does it effect the strenght of the acrylic.

acrylics

Originally Posted by Akidnamedchad
i was wondering if u can use the same stuff #2 and #3 on the inside of the tank. Also where do you purchase the #2 and #3 stuff. i dont remember what its called. And one last thing does it effect the strenght of the acrylic.
I belive you are looking for a product called Novus (Novus 2 & 3), you can buy it at many online aquarium equipment companies or your local plastic supply house. If you were to use it in the same spot, continuously, for days, it could affect the strength but if using just to clean up a coupla minor scratches - no, it will not affect the strength of the acrylic. You can use it inside a tank but not with water or nimals in it. If you want to clean up a coupla minor scratches inside a stocked tank, use Micro-Mesh (www.micro-surface.com kit # NC-78-1) or Everclear (etr-inc.com)
HTH,
James

acrylic51

Nope clean it up after buffing and you should be fine.....No harsh chemicals on the acrylic though......

so i can use the buffer just make sure i get it all off. if i understand right. just want to make sure so i dont f up and have a bad tank on my hands.

Also the tank is a clarity plus. if that makes a difference. i just dont want to make a mistake. also if i bought the kit how much does a bottle of this stuff cover. im doing a whole section of a 8'X30" section.
. Also can i use novus #1 on the inside before i buff it. The tank is empty and nothing is in it at the molment.
thanks for your help