acrylic crazing

sponjbob

anybody know what you can use to seal acrylic? have a thin line that looks like a crack ,but its not a crack it just looks like a line in the acrylic.i wanna just put some sort of sealer on to be reassured ?
:help: :help:

flatzboy

I wouldn't do this on a display tank but if its your sump or refugium then just get some weld-on #4. I just got done building my refugium out of acrylic and its easy as pie to use.

T

thomas712

The IPS stuff works great but just so you know - True acrylic cement is "methylene chloride" and is a carcinogen. It is best applied by syringe with a long needle to facilitate corner adhering, etc. If you are only dealing with a crack then you will want to get a thin liquid type weldon to seep into the crack.
Thomas

sponjbob

how long does it take to dry,im assuming it its fish/reef safe?but where can i find the product?:thinking:

dskidmore

You can get it at the hardware store.
It is a nasty chemical that should be fully cured before you refill the tank if there's any chance of it seeping inside. Check the package directions.

sponjbob

been to home depot and some other stores no luck is weld on#4 the maker of the product,what does it look like tube, bottle etc:help:

flatzboy

It comes in a can like pvc cement, I believe the place I got mine from is us plastics. Do a google search and you should be able to find it.