acrylic help

small triggers

weld-on works great if its just a seam, if its a large leak from somthing else you may need another small piece of acylic to use as a plug kinda,,,,and slather it with weld-on

krazykarel

I just went to two diff Home Depots and they don't carry Weld on 3 for acrylic. I called Lowes and they say they dont have it. Any ideas?

windlasher

Originally Posted by krazykarel
http:///forum/post/3023758
I just went to two diff Home Depots and they don't carry Weld on 3 for acrylic. I called Lowes and they say they dont have it. Any ideas?
I have never found it except at an acrylic shop or online.

gypsana

Where is the leak and how big is the gap? The thinner Weld-on products may not help. Give me a little more info and I can steer you to the correct product.

taznut

if you have welded it together and you dont have a visible gap you can use weld #16... i did this on all of my joints in the tank before checking and didnt have any problems... if you can see the gap use a small strip of acrylic and weld on #4 and put it on the inside where it is leaking... i found my weld at a glass place in town... they should be able to order it if they dont carry it...

gypsana

Originally Posted by taznut
http:///forum/post/3024077
if you have welded it together and you dont have a visible gap you can use weld #16... i did this on all of my joints in the tank before checking and didnt have any problems... if you can see the gap use a small strip of acrylic and weld on #4 and put it on the inside where it is leaking... i found my weld at a glass place in town... they should be able to order it if they dont carry it...
That really depends on where the leak is located. Weld-on 40 might be their best bet. It is a two part epoxy and will give the most reliable fix to a leak or seam failure. Weld-on 4 and 16 only melt the acrylic together if it is possible. Also they may have to clamp if bowing was the issue. I will wait until they post further info.

krazykarel

I was thinking of just applying the product over the area in question...should I consider placing an additional piece of acrylic on the affected area and then apply product?

gypsana

Can't see the picture.
If it is an area that is still wet none of the Weld-on products will work. Try posting the picture again.

gypsana

No picture yet.
If it dry then the Weld-on should work. If there is a visible gap you are going to need some acrylic shreds you get when it is cut. This will allow the Weld-on to have something to melt in that place. If you want email me the picture at PM me and I will give you my email.

gypsana

Krazykarel, sorry could not give a definitive answer but I will bump this to see if someone else has a solution.
There is a crack that affected the base piece in the front. Anyone else repaired a similar issue? This is the picture I was emailed. I hope someone has an answer.