Acrylic tank fix

jackri

My suggestion... Weld-on #4 or #16 and a thin strip of acrylic... If you don't want to patch the outside you can drain to the affected area and try and run that thin strip in the seam.. but be VERY careful not to get drops of Weld-On in your tank... It evaporates quick and dries within 20 minutes.. cures fully I believe in 24 hours but be water save in less than half a day IMO.

acrylic51

Agree with the strip welded to the seam.....WeldOn 16 is a PITA to work with....alot of air bubbles in it which will be ugly.....You might get lucky with using WeldOn4 on the seam but iffy IMO.......16 going over the seam will possibly weaken the joint as well....You might look to see if you could get your hands on some 40.....that's the "stuff", but the price will kill you.

acrylic51

Sorry for the slow response...with the crack being at that portion of the tank.....I would opt to cut the bottom completely off, which would mean shortening the tank just a bit, and install a completely new bottom....Would be super easy fix though....HTH

gypsana

Originally Posted by acrylic51
http:///forum/post/3029680
Sorry for the slow response...with the crack being at that portion of the tank.....I would opt to cut the bottom completely off, which would mean shortening the tank just a bit, and install a completely new bottom....Would be super easy fix though....HTH
Duh,
I did not even think of that idea.