acrylic51, Please help..

brucewrs

I will be replacing my 2 submersible pumps.I have two Resun King 5 pumps that are rated for 1550gph..I dont think thats right but anyway here is where I need help.I dont have room for an external pump.I rather buy two submersible pumps just in case one fails.I also want to use 3/4 PVC tubing.I have dual drilled AGA overflows..basically the sump is in the middle of the tank so both return lines will be even in length.Here is what I measured for the left side.2 feet up out of the sump.1 ft accross with a ball valve and union and 6inchs up to the bulkhead.Both turns will be a 90 degree elbow. Then 28inchs up from the bulk head.The same measurments goes for the right side.What pumps would you use?

acrylic51

My pump choice would be a MagDrive, but I would opt for spaflex tubing over the vinyl line......Let me look at the MagDrive pumps...

acrylic51

I would up the 3/4" line to 1".....You'll be restricting the Mag even though they come with 3/4" fittings.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I would up the 3/4" line to 1".....You'll be restricting the Mag even though they come with 3/4" fittings.

I would still have to reduce the pipe because the bulkhead is 3/4".So is it worth adding 1" pipe?

brucewrs

So what size Mag pumps? I want 2,one for each return."just in case one fails I have another"Thanks.
I was looking at the mag 9.5's?Or should I just get 2 Mag 12's and put a ball valve on it?