ACRYLIC51//REQUIEM so i think i just scored on a 6000gallon

S

supermanvx

Yep a 6,000 gallon. a buddy of mine had it in his store. BUT, he is keeping the filters and such for his new tank 10,000gallon...so i will keep some people updated, also i will probably need some help from acrylic on the plumbing...this would be set up in my garage with probably 2 sharks, some tangs, anyways...its going to be my snorkeling tank for when i get bored...this is a question for requiem and/or any other shark expert...i would like to get a couple of blacktips...i think i remember in your post that blacktips and bonnets are a no-no...is this true? also anyone know if i will need like a 5hp chiller, or if ill even need a chiller at all? OH and i almost forgot...do blacktips try jump out of the tank? Thanks guys and gals

acrylic51

I'll come out and do the plumbing if we can put sand on the floor and make it a beach and MGD's all day long!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Just let me know what you need

S

supermanvx

cant remember the exact dimensions, but if you can see the black tip in there, its like 4' so if you can kinda picture the size...

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I'll come out and do the plumbing if we can put sand on the floor and make it a beach and MGD's all day long!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Just let me know what you need
as far as the stand goes, im going to build it probably 1-2' off the garage floor. and if blacktips arnt gonna bite me, i dont know why they would im not that tender
, but if they dont ill make some stairs that go up into it... as of right now, i dont kno what exactly i will need, i think im going to copy his plumbing, but instead of going behind/infront, i might have it go to the side of it and put some fake plants infront of it make it look pleasing...but yeah i will defently need help on the filtration...like protein skimmer, andi am going to do a CL canister, probably 3...but i need ideas on what else i can use to keep it clear

acrylic51

When's the move....I'm pretty sure I can round up a couple of my "thug" muscle guys.....That's nice!!!!!

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by sign guy
what about your 1400gal?
that thing is a pain in the you know what!...its for sale...haha jk ill be adding water/sand/rock to it this week sometime ill get pictures soon when i start a forum journal...if this 6000g comes through...the 1400 will be a reef...and the 6000 will be a shark...and the 180 will either be for sale or ill figure something out...maybe a couple of clowns

Originally Posted by acrylic51

When's the move....I'm pretty sure I can round up a couple of my "thug" muscle guys.....That's nice!!!!!
haha, your welcome to come over anytime...im in SOCAL...i had to get too carried away, its not exactly for sure, but 99% will be picking it up end of this week...im going to rent a UHAUL and its going to be me, and the friend and two brothers will move it...

S

supermanvx

but on my list of "I Need Help From Acrylic51 Himself"
1.Protein skimmer (probably need a HUGE one)
2.3 CL with canister filters (would this be acceptable)
3.autotop off (RO/DI unit that will do probably 1000GPD)
4.return flow (where should it be places {so far there are 4 returns on the back wall, i think})
5.overflow box??? (would 3 seperate CL with canister on each be sufficient?)
6. lights? (five 400watt Metal halides or ????)
7. temperature (chiller= ??hp/heaters - 10 800watt heaters?)
8. blacktip reefs (could i get a pair?)
9. two lounge chairs
10. 10 MGDs
11. ocean waves soundtrack music

im excited

S

supermanvx

s#!** he's seirous what is the closest major airport to ya
john wayne, LAX, ontario, lindbergh field (san diego)...probably john wayne though..either way its smooth sailing on the 1-5 til dana point

S

supermanvx

it cost me 45 bucks to fly to lax ill be down on fri lol
haha nice..ill send a cab..just pick up some beer on the way
:jumping:

S

supermanvx

I havent been out west in two years Im a delta brat
haha, well do you have any advice on the filtration or any of my list of needs???