ACRYLIC51//REQUIEM so i think i just scored on a 6000gallon

S

supermanvx

hmm ah man...i have no idea...i dont really want a wetdry or sump...just full on closed plumbed...(thats how it is set up now, CL)

S

supermanvx

i wanna say its 25'x6x5.5....but for some reason that sounds wrong to me..

S

supermanvx

but i dont think it is...i dont think it is 6ft width...but i could be wrong (this is from memory)...i loooked for those skimmers, but didnt find much...also i noticed they sell pond filters for like 20,000 gallons...that would be perfect...if i could use a pond filter?

S

supermanvx

haha i was just saying as like a joke...thats what i will need

S

supermanvx

well for my 1400g i have a spectrapure 600gpd, but that is deticated to that tank it self...i am looking through the spectrapure borchure i have and they have ratings up to 2700gpd

S

supermanvx

hes got 4 blacktips, 2 leopard pups, and tons of various other fish...they will all go into the 10,000 wednesday or thursday, and i will be able to get it friday/saturday

S

supermanvx

hey acrylic...i think im going to do a couple of pool filters.
i am looking at a model with
216,000 GPD turnover capacity...
I probably would go with 2 units
now i would need external pumps--
the holes are drilled on the bottom of the tank (4) now i could do 2 holes "T" to one filter, then pumped back to the returns (back of tank)...but how much flow would i need? also would this create a problem (pump being too powerful and sucking from the inside of tank)

S

supermanvx

never mind on the bonnethead by the way...wont have enough footroom for him. and was right, no blacktips with bonnets

S

supermanvx

:scared:
wow im startin to see how much some of the stuff i need runs for
ie. commercial chiller
commercial skimmer
i might need to do some DIY on this one...

gnorman

you said your getting the tank from a LFS... i was wondering what local fish store u are getting it from. i might want to go check it out. and i would love to come by and snorkle that tank when u get it up and running

phixer

Originally Posted by supermanvx
john wayne, LAX, ontario, lindbergh field (san diego)...probably john wayne though..either way its smooth sailing on the 1-5 til dana point

Just realized this, Im probably less than an hour away from you guys. Was in Lajolla today but work in Coronado. Where are you getting this monster from anyhow? If you need any help moving it let me know.
Phixer

acrylic51

Originally Posted by supermanvx
but on my list of "I Need Help From Acrylic51 Himself"
1.Protein skimmer (probably need a HUGE one)
2.3 CL with canister filters (would this be acceptable)
3.autotop off (RO/DI unit that will do probably 1000GPD)
4.return flow (where should it be places {so far there are 4 returns on the back wall, i think})
5.overflow box??? (would 3 seperate CL with canister on each be sufficient?)
6. lights? (five 400watt Metal halides or ????)
7. temperature (chiller= ??hp/heaters - 10 800watt heaters?)
8. blacktip reefs (could i get a pair?)
9. two lounge chairs
10. 10 MGDs
11. ocean waves soundtrack music

im excited
For skimmers sake and the size system I would go with a Beckett style skimmer rather than a needlewheel skimmer. You want straight up "raw" skimming power and a Beckett is designed to handle large volumes of water, efficiently and quickly.......For a nice needlewheel skimmer for that size system your looking into the thousands of dollars, and wouldn't go with anything other than Deltec or better yet the BubbleKing.....You'll give both kindneys for both.....
As far as CL, I wouldn't run any canister filters....The CL is just for water movement; circulation and would keep it strickly that......you might want to consider a couple OceansMotions for you needs, or you might want to look at electronic actuated ball valves......The actuated ball valves aren't cheap, but would be rather sweet IMO......