ACRYLIC51//REQUIEM so i think i just scored on a 6000gallon

S

supermanvx

just measured ; 26x7x4.5 ....and damn was that heavy...2.5" acrylic...

krj-1168

Well - a 7' width - absolutely puts the sharpie on your list.
I do have to ask - does it have rounded or rectangular corners.
I ask because bonnets also could be on your list - since they rarely grow above 4.5', and average about 4'.
Also those figures are hitting in the ball park of 6,000 gallons(+ or - about 250 gallons).

krj-1168

I think by playing with the figures - I found out the answer to my corners question.
the answer I came up with suggests - rounded corners or more like a squared oval shape.
Which is good - because it means the Bonnethead could be added to you list.

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by krj-1168
I think by playing with the figures - I found out the answer to my corners question.
the answer I came up with suggests - rounded corners or more like a squared oval shape.
Which is good - because it means the Bonnethead could be added to you list.
yep thats what it is...so i could get a pair of shapies and a bonnet? dang...well ill look into it tomorrow. im not all here tonight haha

krj-1168

Yea, I would say - a couple of sharpies & a bonnet would work in the tank.
It's the combo - I would likely go with - if had a tank like that.
There's really funny thing that may happen if you used - blue actinic light. Your less knowledgeable friends may think you've actually got a pair of mini-"blue" sharks, in the sharpies.

rykna

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

when do we get to come and go snorkeling????????? Can'twait to see pics!!!!!

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by krj-1168
Yea, I would say - a couple of sharpies & a bonnet would work in the tank.
It's the combo - I would likely go with - if had a tank like that.
There's really funny thing that may happen if you used - blue actinic light. Your less knowledgeable friends may think you've actually got a pair of mini-"blue" sharks, in the sharpies.
haha well see..i got to get equiptment before i can add anything...pics soon kiddos

krj-1168

Understandable.
Considering you'll need pumps to move at least 30,000 gallons, Skimmers rated for about 12,000 GHP, And a very large sump.
Plus it will about 6 months before Shark collection season(runs from late April - late September) begins here on the east coast.

sebae09

so you need 2 sharpies and 1 bonnet? im haveing a good deal right now . i will half any commercial dealers price on any shark.

nokturnal1

Originally Posted by supermanvx
hmm...it is on the way to my house now...so i dont know exactly what the dimensions are, but i think its like 25x5x4 or something like that, what ever would ad to 6000g...but i was pretty sure the width is only 5...now i am getting mad that i wont be able to have any cool sharks
you are not the only 1 that lives in so. cal.
how can u sit here and lie to everybody in this thread when i just whent to verify if you did get this tank. u said that it is on its way now when i just whent today on 11/3 to take pitures to prove that u really didnt get the tank. to prove that i am right i got the pictures.. :hilarious

saltfan

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
:notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
WT....Not good man, not good......Good job NOK

sign guy

Originally Posted by NOKTURNAL1
you are not the only 1 that lives in so. cal.
how can u sit here and lie to everybody in this thread when i just whent to verify if you did get this tank. u said that it is on its way now when i just whent today on 11/3 to take pitures to prove that u really didnt get the tank. to prove that i am right i got the pictures.. :hilarious

You know the fish store got another tank right?

nokturnal1

I went to see he did get the tank on 11-03-06. It is only one tank in the store
yes I did see 2 tanks in 2005 not 2006 the tank that he has is the same pic that i have.The other tank was sold for $20,000 to {West Cost Paint in POMONA ,CAL} in DEC-15-2005.

sign guy

yes but supermanvx said he was getting a slitly larger tank than the one he was selling. I think you just found someone near you and want a way to relate yourself to him. You have no idea if what you are saying is true or not.

S

supermanvx

thanks signguy for emailing me to check this out...
i would like to invite nocturnal to my home in dana point. please email me at onehundredk12404@yahoo.com. see im not like most people. i dont need to take a bunch of pictures of my ---- to prove i got it. i know i own it, because i walk past it everyday...so shoot me an email..since you love drivin everywhere to prove ---- to yourself, im sure my house wont be too troublesome