Added New Fish!

tyr-sog

Picked up a 6" rabbit fish. Pretty nice looking fish, swims a lot, eats great.
Here's a horrible picture of him.

tyr-sog

no one else with rabbit fish? Gos this place has like the largest user base with little or no responses in threads.

Anyways, heres a bump and a picture with actinics.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by stcardoza
Is that eye normal, or is it cloudy? I can't tell from your pic. Beautiful fish btw. I love the coloring.

Yep thats his normal eye.:eek:
The fish is cooler then what I thought it was going to be. At the lfs is just sat in the tank, didn't swim to much. Plus his colors were washed out. Now he swims a ton and with my diet he has bulked up and his colors are really intense.
I wish other people would share some experiences and pictures of their rabbits. Maybe it's not a popular fish.:notsure:

D

daniel411

Did you pick up that book on surgeon and rabbit fish yet? How is it? I'm thinking of ordering it.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Daniel411
Did you pick up that book on surgeon and rabbit fish yet? How is it? I'm thinking of ordering it.

No, I got the one on Marine Angels. Excellent btw. If you wanna borrow it you're more then welcome.
So this is 2 fish after I said this is my last? Can't remember?:thinking:

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Lestregus
that's a beautiful fish...reminds me of the colors in harlequins, is it reef safe??

They say they will pick but I haven't even seen mine near a coral.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Lestregus
thats great...do you happen to know what kind of rabbitfish it is?

Siganus doliatus also known as a doliatus rabbitfish or scribble rabbitfish.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog
No, I got the one on Marine Angels. Excellent btw. If you wanna borrow it you're more then welcome.
So this is 2 fish after I said this is my last? Can't remember?:thinking:

Oops wrong book, oh well. Thanks, I'll definately take you up on borrowing it. I have about sevin books I'm trying to read now though, so it will be a bit.

goldenboy

It's a nice fish, but I'd be nervous around corals. I know you can have one that's good and someone else can have one that's bad. With my luck I'll get the hungry one. Nice pics though. :D

phoenixpi

I have a foxface. He's real cool. I gotta say, if they had one like yours, I probably would've grabbed it. I'm very happy with the foxface though. Lot of character. It's really fun to hand feed and pet him on his back!:eek:

lochi

I've had a scribbled Rabbit for about 6 months. Real cool fish. It eats like a pig. When I have caulerpa in my tank he sleeps in it and his colors completely change. It seems to be growing real quik. There seems to be just a little agression between The rabbit and my Naso but nothing I'm worried about. I've never seen it go anywhere near my corals.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Lochi
I've had a scribbled Rabbit for about 6 months. Real cool fish. It eats like a pig. When I have caulerpa in my tank he sleeps in it and his colors completely change. It seems to be growing real quik. There seems to be just a little agression between The rabbit and my Naso but nothing I'm worried about. I've never seen it go anywhere near my corals.

Yeah, there's a bit of aggression between him and my yellow tang at times. I thinks it's because he always trys to swim next to the tang and I beleive that rabbits, fox faces and tang are related. I might be wrong though. I'm really surprised how much this fish swims, just didn't look like a swimming fish to me. Mine also eats like a pig, pellets, flake, froozen, anything. Great fish!