Added Sand- Thurs- Water Still Cloudy

fish1031

I added 20lbs of LS to my 29g reef that im starting.. It already had 50lbs of LR and was crystal clear before I added the sand Thurs night.... I know its normal for it to be cloudy but I though it would have cleared up by now... Thurs night I couldn't even see anything. No I can see everything pretty clear but the water look still a little chalky. Shouldn't it be gone by now?

rebelprettyboy

You can maybe run carbon and do a water change and hopefully that will help.... thats what I had to do when I added extra sand to my tank and it cleared it up within hours... DO you have a sump

jasony

i just added about 150 lbs and my tank had zero visibility for a day or 2.. just give it time... my tank is crystal clear 5 days later...

mie

I agree with the water change but very slowly without stirring up the bottom suck up the silt that worked for me

fish1031

i did one water change already... should I do another?
Its def. clearing I guess it just takes awhile
No sump
Should I run carbon?

1journeyman

Skimmer will pull a lot of silt out of the water. Don't worry though... totally normal for it to still be cloudy.

aztec reef

I would run some carbon if possible, if not then i would just ride it out and it should be gone soon or you can even do a 10% waterchange to help it just for fun..if you already done a water change then just wait it out ..