Addicted to the Threads

37g joe

Some times I feel Like I spend way too much time reading and posting threads. Dont get me wrong Thier is Tons of knowledge I have Gained from reading posts and talking to people on here. But does any one feel the same way I do? I have thought about limiting how much time I spend on here so I can do other things with my free time.
This is just something I have been thinking about the past few days and Yes I know it is somewhat Ironic that I make it a post but in some ways it is all to fitting.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
Some times I feel Like I spend way too much time reading and posting threads. Dont get me wrong Thier is Tons of knowledge I have Gained from reading posts and talking to people on here. But does any one feel the same way I do? I have thought about limiting how much time I spend on here so I can do other things with my free time.
This is just something I have been thinking about the past few days and Yes I know it is somewhat Ironic that I make it a post but in some ways it is all to fitting.
ya same with me, i feel ever since i started posting, i have lived on this board, but my parents got this thing that limits me to an hour on weekday, and 2 hours on week ends on the internet

ruaround

:hilarious thats funny...
I often catch myself discussing threads with my friends...they look at me like I am crazy... maybe there is a 10 step program for us

ohioguy06

I spends alot........or more like most of my evenings on here.........I was thinking starting swf.com therary.........wonder if i could get it to work?

37g joe

See in our daily lives we do not often encounter other people who understand what we are talking about. If I say to my bestfriend Im thinking of upgrading to two 150 watt MH so I can keep SPS he would look at me like I was nuts and if I told him how much the light cost he would really think I was nuts. The normal person looks at a salt water tank and thinks (Thats Nice) we look at it check what type of filtratuion lighting heating and cooling and ect... My wife loves our tank but she truly dose not understand it even after I have explained it to her and I talk to her about what certain things are she has a beter concept than most people but she does not Grasp what people on her seem to grasp and That is one reason why I am drawn to this type of forumn because I feel like I can actually talk to other people who know what I am talking about.
but it seems to often I spend much more time on her than I intend

mimzy

I think we shouldn't look at it as an addiction - it's a community. And just like any community, it takes up a portion of our time, our thinking, and our universe. Just b/c it's cybernetic doesn't make it any less... REAL.

ohioguy06

Originally Posted by Mimzy
I think we shouldn't look at it as an addiction - it's a community. And just like any community, it takes up a portion of our time, our thinking, and our universe. Just b/c it's cybernetic doesn't make it any less... REAL.

Hiya mimzy.......its rgmason just to let you know.......and i would have to agree with you on the but..........hows the hex comeing?

37g joe

Tell that to my wife.

happyvac

At least we learn things.
This forum taught me about anaerobic bacteria, nitrates, algae and countless of fish and inverts.
More useful than a day spent on WoW

ruaround

Oh nooo.. the first signs ... Denial and Rationaliztion

IMO this is better than TV most of the time... and I want on the list with 37g where you give this justification/explanation to my girl friend

socal57che

Yip
It's like the Blackberry (crackberry) addiction.
If I don't look at the threads at least twice a day I get anxious.
The first step is realizing you have a problem, right?
Maybe I should take up blogging.
Vice substitution.
?

corally

Originally Posted by ruaround
:hilarious thats funny...
I often catch myself discussing threads with my friends...they look at me like I am crazy... maybe there is a 10 step program for us

I am addicted already.

squidd

bump
You know you addicted when....
You bump your own threads... :hilarious

celacanthr

Well, I have found that really the only way tht you can spend less time on here is by spending time on here!
Seriously.
When I first found this site, I posted and posted and posted! I think I had a PPD of 13.5, I would even post on vacations...I think you can find the thread...I think mimzy posted in it, something about Key West I believe, anyways around november, I started to slow down on how often I post. I am posting more now, but no where near as mucha s I did the first 4 or so months...yes it will be a while till you have a life again...but just hang in there, you can do it!
Yours truly,
Roo
***)

mimzy

Originally Posted by Ohioguy06
Hiya mimzy.......its rgmason just to let you know.......and i would have to agree with you on the but..........hows the hex comeing?
Hey RG! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply... we just moved and we're still getting settled in. The hex is waiting for me in our storage space. Soon as I can I'm gonna get it over here and move the contents of my 12 into it... soon as I get lights and a skimmer, that is. LoL.
It might be a while, but don't worry, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

mimzy

Oh, and as for the spouses and significant others who make fusses about the time u spend on the boards.... they fuss about you spending too much time playing video games, all the time you spend out with your friends, time spent shopping, time away working...and doing just about ANYTHING that means you arent spending time completely devoted to being alone with them! Why then is spending time on the boards any different?