Adding A Clown

kilbys4

I was just wondering, my tanks been set up for a couple of months with 2 Yellow tail damsels, LR, 2 anenomies, 2 hermits, and snails. Is it possible to add a couple of clown fishes with the damsels or will I need to take the damsels out?

cells

And what kind of clown are you planning to add? My tomato clown is the king in the tank, even though he is slightly smaller than the 2 agressive dominoes.

kilbys4

I want to add a couple of Percula Clownfish.
45 gal corner tank
45lbs of lr
CC base
All water tests are normal
Water temp 78F
2 yellow Tail Damsels
2 hermit crabs
snails
1 camel back shrimp
Tank hung wet/dry filter system
2 power heads for current

cells

Only problem I see is your "CC base". Not that they are not good, but youll need more maintenance on CC. They tend to trap dirts and food particles. And the cleaner crews can't get to them cos the grain size of the CC are too big for them to handle.
Since you do not have too much creatures in the tank now, if I were you, I'll change out the CC and put in like 50 lbs of fine sands. Usually to save money, you can get the Southdown playsand from Homedepot, and since you already have LR, the LR will seed the sands and make them live. Wait a few more weeks, then add the clowns.

islandgirl

And after adding the sand like cells suggested...:D get yourself some clowns! I have the same in my tank - 2 yellow tail damsels and 2 false percs and they are just one big happy family ;) You'll love having that addition....they are such characters!