Adding a new fish with a six-line

dampkring9

I see a lot of people saying its a bad idea to put anything in with a six-line already living in the tank, even if they are compatible. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this? He has never bothered my cleaner shrimp and the only other tank mate is a clown.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampkring9 http:///forum/thread/379674/adding-a-new-fish-with-a-six-line#post_3300789
I see a lot of people saying its a bad idea to put anything in with a six-line already living in the tank, even if they are compatible. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this? He has never bothered my cleaner shrimp and the only other tank mate is a clown.
I added a SixLine to my 40G and it was supposed to be the last addition to my tank. Even with it being the last addition, it killed my Green Target Mandarin, beat up my Bullet Banded Sleeper Goby and attacked my Coral Beauty.

These fish are either peaceful and play nice, or are complete monsters, there's just no in between with them.

Most people that have problems with them have problems adding another fish after the SixLine is in the tank. If you're determined to add another fish to the tank now that he's already in there, look for something that has a semi-aggressive personally, as it will stand a better chance in case the wrasse decides it wants to be a little pest.

scottnlisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampkring9 http:///forum/thread/379674/adding-a-new-fish-with-a-six-line#post_3300789
I have had a 6-line wrasse ever since I began saltwater tanks. I have had 2 because 1 died. Both have been great fish. Very peaceful. Just swims around and does her own thing. Also, they are very resistant to ich. You should get one, you won't regret it. Make sure you have alot of rock for hiding places and cruising spots.

mproctor4

Ours has been really good. He was one of the first fish in the tank and never had any problems with him. My personal opinion (for what it is worth) is the larger the tank, the less problems they have. The person we got him from said he was a terror, but he was in a 20g. Put him in our 120g and he ignores all the other fish.

dampkring9

I have had a six line in the tank for about 6 months now, but I was wondering if I am going to safely be able to put anything else in, even if they are compatible from some of the horror stories people tell. I will probably try to put something in that is semi-aggressive that seems to be the best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnlisa http:///forum/thread/379674/adding-a-new-fish-with-a-six-line#post_3300983
I have had a 6-line wrasse ever since I began saltwater tanks. I have had 2 because 1 died. Both have been great fish. Very peaceful. Just swims around and does her own thing. Also, they are very resistant to ich. You should get one, you won't regret it. Make sure you have alot of rock for hiding places and cruising spots.

dampkring9

Apparently not now, but I have had a six line in the tank for about 6 months now. I am wondering if I can add something new to the tank. I will probably stick with something that is semi-aggressive to add as it will probably have the best chance to survive.