Adding a shark????

J

jamparty

...i'm not quite sure i understand the logic behind you living in australia and saltwater tanks not being popular...
I have two close buddies of mine that live in and around Sydney..they're huge saltwater enthusiasts! A lot of people from what I hear go scuba diving right off the reef and get their live stock fresh and healthy right from the GBR.
I was under the impression that this kinda stuff was in your blood, kinda deal.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JamParty
...i'm not quite sure i understand the logic behind you living in australia and saltwater tanks not being popular...
I have two close buddies of mine that live in and around Sydney..they're huge saltwater enthusiasts! A lot of people from what I hear go scuba diving right off the reef and get their live stock fresh and healthy right from the GBR.
I was under the impression that this kinda stuff was in your blood, kinda deal.

I was thinking that as well. The rock in this tank sure does not look like it is several years old. ..............

ngongotaha

Yes well see i live about 2 hours from sydney in bathurst
and in bathurst i only know of 2 people that have done
saltwater, n i have by far the best set-up.................
my set-up isnt the best but yer !!!
In australia alot of people think it is to hard to do
saltwater tanks and i always tell people it isnt that
hard once u get going!!!!
There are no saltwaterfish within an hour of my town,
i have to travel to sydney to get my equipment and
fish! !
cheers

shrimpi

doent look like he has any coral..
maybe he has less coralline because of a lack of calcium- which he is probably isnt, and doesnt need to drip.
He may also have low lights.. possibly contributing to the lesser amount of algae/plant life.
JMO

mike22cha

If you want a small shark and ray, why not build a small shark pond? A
7-8'x3'x2'=315-360 gallons. You could put a marbled catshark or coral catshark in there. The marbled catshark is from nothern and western australia so I wonder if you could find some there easier than here in America. As for a ray for the small pond it would have to be a Cortez Ray or Round Ray which are from California's coast but can be found online. If you're considering a shark or ray the read Aquairum Sharks and Rays by Scott W. Michael.

Originally Posted by ngongotaha
Yer ok mad as. . . i have seen many of them at my LFS but my mum
hates them LOL. . . .
I saw a stingray at the store , Wat would u think about that???
I am only 15 so i dnt have alot of money so it takes me a while
to decide what to get!! LOL
Thanx buddy

Ha I'm about 3 years younger than you and have a 150 gallon pred. and my parents don't help me at all..

fishkiller

Originally Posted by Grouperlover

Ha I'm about 3 years younger than you and have a 150 gallon pred. and my parents don't help me at all..

That was pretty rude. Your parents don't help you? Who pays rent, bills, gas, food, school, doc visits, need I go on? If you have all that covered at 13, you are doing pretty well.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by fishkiller
That was pretty rude. Your parents don't help you? Who pays rent, bills, gas, food, school, doc visits, need I go on? If you have all that covered at 13, you are doing pretty well.

Agreed!!!...
That was a tad un-called for...
I am also glad this has jumped from shark...What are you water params.
I might have missed them..