Adding Another Fish?

jcsurfn

I have a 55 gal. tank. 60# LS 20# LR plan on getting more LR. 11 snails, 7 hermit crabs, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 sand sifting star.
The tank has been running for alomst 4 months.
I have 2 percula clowns. They have been in there about a month. I just added a Royal Gramma 2 days ago. I want to get a coral beauty. My question is can I add that now or should I wait.
I have 2 percula clowns that have been in there for a month.
Thank You

striker

The only problem I forsee on adding a coral beauty is the amount of lr you have in the tank now. They love to swim in and out of lr and use it for grazing algae. I'd get the lr first and then add the fish after everything has settled. Adding lr can also spike up the tank a bit, even if it is cured or pre-cured.

jcsurfn

Well actually the LR that I have does not sound like much but there is quit a bit in there. The LR I got was very light and had a bunch of holes in it. So that was cool. I got all kinds of stuff growing on it like seaweed and algae. Thank You for bring up that point with the LR I also just want to make sure that adding it to soon with the other would mess up the tank at all?
Thank You

marinefish

wont coral beauty pick on corals or eat corals? that was the impression that i got from the pet store, am i mislead?

jcsurfn

I thought they were more reef safe than other fish of the same kind?
So anyone think it would be ok to add this fish now?

jja

From my experience I added a coral beauty as one of my first fish 18 months ago and he thrives. Never goes near my corals and will eat algae off the glass with little lip prints and loves algae off a clip a couple times a week which I put in there for my tang and him. Just keep slowly adding lr. What exactly is growing on your rock? You said seaweed and algae?

jcsurfn

I have a lot of seweed growing on my LR right now. There is also algae of course. :D I think the fish would really like it. :D I dont have any corals and dont really plan on getting any for a while.

entice59

yes it will, im sorry but this is based on opinion, i think you should check out the flame angels, i have had both RIP, but i think the flame angel looks better but like i said, its based on opinion

jcsurfn

I was actually lokking into that fish but they are pretty expensive. :D The other is cheaper. :D I like them both so I guess I am not really sure yet.

entice59

one thing to think about is, "if this is the fish im going to keep for a long long time, why not get a fish i really want?", but yeah then you'll kick yourself if it dies or gets sick :rolleyes: