adding baking soda ?

reefreak29

my alk is at 5 to 6 dkh.never adjusted with baking soda before how do i do it.
i just baked it in the oven at 350 for an hour, but how do i add it to the tank
ty
dave

pbienkiewi

Originally Posted by reefreak29
my alk is at 5 to 6 dkh.never adjusted with baking soda before how do i do it.
i just baked it in the oven at 350 for an hour, but how do i add it to the tank
ty
dave

you baked the baking soda ?

OK OK, when I use to have freshwater Chiclids I use to just add a couple of teaspoons to a 55gal to raise it. Question, how ofted do you do a water change? what brand salt do you use? The salts should have a buffer and keep the alk at proper specs.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by pbienkiewi
you baked the baking soda ?

OK OK, when I use to have freshwater Chiclids I use to just add a couple of teaspoons to a 55gal to raise it. Question, how ofted do you do a water change? what brand salt do you use? The salts should have a buffer and keep the alk at proper specs.
15 percent every weak with tmpro
never had a problem till i started using alot of carbon

reefreak29

what is your Ph and calcium at ?
you do not bake the baking soda by the way
ph is 7.8 calc at 440
u bake the baking soda to release the c02.by doing this it will raise the ph along with the alk

reefreak29

is it a reef tank by the way. Your calcium should be around 400
yes it is a reef tank

reefreak29

ok i just mixed it with my top off water and it desolved really well ,guess i answered my own question
and ty p for the replies

reefreak29

do you drip kalkwasser ?
no i dont thought about it but out of room under my tank

zman1

Originally Posted by reefreak29
ok i just mixed it with my top off water and it desolved really well ,guess i answered my own question
and ty p for the replies
Reef go to my home page Click name. I have a link for a calculator under external links. You want the one that has Mg in the title (second one), It will give you the mix ratio based on your parameters. Then slow drip, read his notes as they change based on the products used.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by zman1
Reef go to my home page Click name. I have a link for a calculator under external links. You want the one that has Mg in the title (second one), It will give you the mix ratio based on your parameters. Then slow drip, read his notes as they change based on the products used.
wow thats very cool ty , but i just dumped it in i didnt slow drip it

zman1

Sorry, wish I saw your post sooner.
You can get to the link also by Google "Reef Chemistry Calculator" Then pick the second one down, this will take you to the calculator too.
Second one on the product list is baked baking soda.