Adding clowns

bigpapa

So, I am thinking about consolidating my tanks. I have an aquapod with 2 false percs. I was thinking about adding them to my 150 that currently also has 2 false percs, just a little bigger. I want to know if since they are the same kind of clowns would they be able to get added to the larger tank so I could shut down the pod? None of them are breeders as of yet and it is a 6' tank so there is alot of room. If they cant, its ok but I just wanted to get some opinions on this. Thanks!!

invertcrazy

Although the tank is 6 feet long, I think eventually the 4 clowns(especially 4 of the same) will fight with two getting beat up and or killed. I've read on here where some people have kept two pair of different clowns in a tank that size but it is not recommended. I'm sure someone will chime in with a success story they had, but I don't think it will work with 4 of the same.
this is only my .02

bigpapa

Originally Posted by InvertCrazy
http:///forum/post/2770608
Although the tank is 6 feet long, I think eventually the 4 clowns(especially 4 of the same) will fight with two getting beat up and or killed. I've read on here where some people have kept two pair of different clowns in a tank that size but it is not recommended. I'm sure someone will chime in with a success story they had, but I don't think it will work with 4 of the same.
this is only my .02
Ty Invert, I appreciate the input. I have not been in the hobby long enough to get my clowns to full growth and dont really know how they will behave at that time. I will just keep them separated then as I dont want to create any issues with my little guys.