Adding color to AGRESSIVE TANK

pappa d

Since I will not be able to start my lagoon/pond project for at least a year or so, I will have to stay with my 58 gallon until then. I have posted many threads here and have gotten many great responses. Sorry if these questions are beginning to anoy, but I was wondering if theres any way to "brighten up" this tank, or add something colorful. I know dogface's will go for coral but is there anything, maybe bigger inverts even that can be added for some of this diversity? thanks-

pappa d

Well, i dont plan to add anymore fish because i dont want to cramp the dogface if he grows significantly within the year. I was thinking more inverts or something...? anything that comes to mind?

pappa d

Would Caulerpa be a good addition if it ever lasted? I know the puffer would probably destroy it but does anyone think it would last at all if i put it in a corner or something maybe? would this bennifit him too as a snack? if anyones tried this how did it go for you? im really doubt it would last very long but maybe im wrong? btw- caulerpa cant harm your tank can it?

lion_crazz

Instead of caulerpa, put chaeto into the tank. This will not go sexual on you (like caulerpa will if not properly lit and trimmed), and the puffer might have less of a tendency to pick at it.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
i don't know if the pufer would pick at it or not.. but what about gorgonians??
they would

S

shark bait

the puffer will nip everything. nothing but rock is safe.

sniper1974

my puffer has tore up everything I put in the tank. chulurpa was ok though . the only down fall is it goes sexual and you'll be ddraging it out a good solid handfull a week.

pogi pants

get a giant strawberry hermitcrab. my puffer never touches caulerpa or the cheato. you could always add big colorful sea shells

topofsteel

I have a Sharpnose Puffer, a Strawberry hermit crab, and a Yellow gorgonian. They get along fine aside from the crab tipping the gorgonians rock over. In the same order I also got a Blue hippo tang and some Shaving brush plants. The tank looked fantastic for a while, but the plants died. But we've since gotten the crab a new white shell, he looks good. But I know what you mean a FOWLR/Aggressive tank can look kind of drab.

stdreb27

I had chaeto for a while, my df didn't eat the cheato, but if he saw something move he went over to investigate.

pappa d

yeah i really want to get a strawberry hermit crab and have been looking into it for the last month but my lfs's havent gotten any in and i dont really need a big order so cant get it from SWF.com, although i wish i could... maybe i could get some corals here for my 20g and boost up the price with that... anyone order corals here?