adding color?

Whats a good easy coral that will add color to my aquarium? red's, green's, yellow's things like that.
120gal
T-5 lights
new tank has been set up sense November 2009, upgraded from a 55gal that was set up in July 2009.
Thanks for all your help.

isthatright

don't mean to interupt but why ask what kind of other equipment he has. my tank has been up since sept. and i also would like to add more color, just courious

tank a holic

just wondered that kind of flow he has, sump / fuge or filters, skimmer, heaters and the like
corals need an established tank, good lights (which he noted), good flow, usually its a good idea to have a skimmer to keep water quality pristine, 2 heaters are better than one, stability is critical and it is easier to achieve with the right equipment
just tryin to get a mental pic

truperc

IMHO mushrooms, polyps, and rics are colorful easy corals.
Zoos are often colorful as well, but the ease of them varies. (usually not difficult, but melt in some tanks)
Personally I would not suggest sponges, as an easy
addition, although they are colorful.

isthatright

Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/3207590
just wondered that kind of flow he has, sump / fuge or filters, skimmer, heaters and the like
corals need an established tank, good lights (which he noted), good flow, usually its a good idea to have a skimmer to keep water quality pristine, 2 heaters are better than one, stability is critical and it is easier to achieve with the right equipment
just tryin to get a mental pic
well i hope u don't me tellin u what i have.2-65 watt true actinic 03 blue,2-65watt 10,000k daylight,2 pwdeads,2 koralias 1 n 3, 2 heaters so what do u think n any other suggestions would be great. thanks guys, oh also i have a prizm skimmer.

isthatright

Originally Posted by TruPerc
http:///forum/post/3207875
IMHO mushrooms, polyps, and rics are colorful easy corals.
Zoos are often colorful as well, but the ease of them varies. (usually not difficult, but melt in some tanks)
Personally I would not suggest sponges, as an easy
addition, although they are colorful.
what would make a zoo melt?

Sorry, I have'nt been able to sign on in a few days, my daughter is getting married and you know how that can get.
anyway
I have a canster filter with a UV light and I also have a 30gal sump working together, two heaters but I only have one turned on because the temp goes to high with both and I do have a skimmer, three power heads two are 1200GPH and one is 600GPH.
Live rock and sand.
I do have some corals.
Toadstool
Neon Zoo
Pink Zoo
Hammer Coral
Green and Red Mushrooms
Leather tree.
Fish list.
Mimic Tang
Two False Clowns
Fire Angle
Yellow Tang
Half bue damsel
Everything is doing great so far.
I was looking at a chili coral I would like some greens and reds.
I looked at the sponges but I thought I should waite until my tank is older.

flower

Originally Posted by mmstillwell01
http:///forum/post/3209921
Sorry, I have'nt been able to sign on in a few days, my daughter is getting married and you know how that can get.
anyway
I have a canster filter with a UV light and I also have a 30gal sump working together, two heaters but I only have one turned on because the temp goes to high with both and I do have a skimmer, three power heads two are 1200GPH and one is 600GPH.
Live rock and sand.
I do have some corals.
Toadstool
Neon Zoo
Pink Zoo
Hammer Coral
Green and Red Mushrooms
Leather tree.
Fish list.
Mimic Tang
Two False Clowns
Fire Angle
Yellow Tang
Half bue damsel

Chili coral likes it dark, like in a cave..Then they need really constant good flow over and around it. I have a #2 Koralia whose only function is to keep it happy. That is the only way to keep it alive that I have found.
A chili is a beautiful red and I have had two. The first one was in a cave with both sides open so it could be seen from either side of the tank, what I didn't realize at the time is that the double sided cave allowed light so it could be seen and yet happy. It got clogged by sand when my goby buried it.
Now in the new tank, I got another one and glued it to the top of the cave so the goby won't kill it, but it is just in a cave with one side.
I went through all that explanation because....The cave is too dark, I can't see the beautiful color unless I shine a flashlight on it. Also a small power head just to keep it happy is a must.

tank a holic

Originally Posted by isthatright
http:///forum/post/3207888
well i hope u don't me tellin u what i have.2-65 watt true actinic 03 blue,2-65watt 10,000k daylight,2 pwdeads,2 koralias 1 n 3, 2 heaters so what do u think n any other suggestions would be great. thanks guys, oh also i have a prizm skimmer.

sounds good, although it the coral's don't flourish with that light, you may try 14,000 k bulbs instead

http:///forum/post/3209921
anyway
Live rock and sand.
I do have some corals.
Toadstool
Neon Zoo
Pink Zoo
Hammer Coral
Green and Red Mushrooms
Leather tree.
Fish list.
Mimic Tang
Two False Clowns
Fire Angle
Yellow Tang
Half bue damsel
Frog spawns are nice

I was told that you cant put a frog spawn in a tank with a hammer.
Dont know if it is true or not.
I have a few caves I could put the chili in and I do have some more power heads that I'm not using they are 300GPH I think, is this good or do they need more GPM?

truperc

http:///forum/post/3209962
I was told that you cant put a frog spawn in a tank with a hammer.
Dont know if it is true or not.
It is not true..you probably would not want them touching...but same tank is fine.