adding fish in

david12

tommorw i am adding a yellow tail damels fish in to see how it goes with my new tank as i have never ever kept a marine fish i am really neours even about getting damels becuase i just hope things dont go wrong i still didnt add fish in yet even my cycle was over 3 days ago i was just given it a few days i did so now i am adding fish what happen if it dies becuase ii just know knowing my luck it will

ashleigh234

So your ammonia and nitrite have been on 0 for the last 3 days? And nitrate below 10? What is your PH on? And SG/Salinity? PH should generally be 8.2 or 8.4 and SG around 1.023-1.026 (not sure re salinity reading).
If your parameters are ok, then you should be fine to add the damsel, good luck getting him out if you ever want to :)
If you acclimate him and dont just put it in the tank, there shouldnt be any reason that he would die, they are a pretty hardy fish. But do make sure your temperatures are kept under control! Have you got a thermometer for your tank?
Dont add your 2 clown fish for a bit, let your tank adjust to having 1 fish in it first. Last thing you would want is your $80 to die from stocking the tank too fast.
Can you put up pictures of your tank?

david12

yeah i got it to around 28 with the fan best i can get it but my fls shop sed its ok as long as it doesnt go over 30

david12

by the way this whole salt water tank thing is getting on my neours abit if i knew it was ganna be like this i would of just started it as a fresh water fish tank as i have waited thorw the cycle and everything esle now all i really ganna do is add fish make sure i do water change every 2 week or so i was also thinking i wish i never buy the clown fish just got a sun burst damels and yellow tail damels there the fish that made me wanna start the salt water thing in the first place looking at them in the pet shop made me look at them every time i never knew there where hardly or a bully fish i was for anythng i was thinking they would be one of the hardest fish to look after how wrong i was every one coming up with so many bad things about the damels when i look at that fish i look at how preety the colous are how nice they look like there preety and thats wanna i really wanna kept but every one seems to be so agaisnt it best fish i have ever seen there i sed it

david12

as any one seen a sun burst damels it has a light orange colour with a bit of light pink thats preety dam nice if u ask me nice fish