Adding fish

jimbo63

When should I add fish to the tank? I have a 33g tank with one fish I got 4 days ago. I'm going to get some live rock tommorow and I want to get another fish is it to soon?

crypt keeper

are you cycling this tank? Or has it cycled and you are getting more curred rock and adding it?
what fish do you have already?

brokendeck

Originally Posted by jimbo63
http:///forum/post/3032156
When should I add fish to the tank? I have a 33g tank with one fish I got 4 days ago. I'm going to get some live rock tommorow and I want to get another fish is it to soon?
Wait at least 7 to 10 days and test your tank and make sure everything is ok. If test are good then you can add another fish.

crypt keeper

take the damsel out. The tank is too small and they can become very aggressive with smaller passive fish. It will be way easier with less rock. Make sure the rock has fully curred. If it has not it can cause the tank to go into cycle again. How long is the drive from your LFS? You should have very little die off if any if its a short trip. Where do you want to take the tank? In which direction? Community peaceful every gets along fish? how long and wide is it?