Adding one fish at a time?!?

johnnysalt

So what's up with this company SWF.com selling you these "reef packages" with 6-7 fish in it?! I'd love to get one in a month or so, but then I'd feel stupid if some died on me b/c of ammo, etc. What do you think?!
I've never added more than one fish at a time, except for a couple damsels for cycling, b/c of the ammo spike. At my LFS, I can't even come close to beating SWF.com's price on their fish packages. Have you had success with adding so many fish in one day?! Thanks!

seabreeze

I know, I saw those package deals too. I was wondering about that myself. I thought it might be for people just starting tanks, but some of those fish are really too delicate to put in a new just cycled tank. I would think that would cause ammonia problems....but then again im still a newbie. :)

sbustobante

When I saw it I did a double take too. Adding six fish at once is just begging for trouble, unless they are teeny tiny fish or you have a giant aquarium.

i also have to agree with all of you, the only thing that i can think of is maybe these packages is for say if you have a few tanks and your going to split up the order over a few tanks then over time place thouse same fish into the tank you want

krazzydart

I have added up to 8 fish at once in my 75 gallon tank.... no problems..... the key is good water quality and filtration...... and don't feed the fish a day or two before adding a group of them.... but more likly than not you would put them in a Q tank for a few weeks to keep an eye on them.... My Q tank is a 55 gal with hydro sponge, backpack, fluvel 904, ........