adding rock???

djessem

I just recieved 25 lbs of super looking rock from SWF.com and for the recored, i recommend buying rock here because its GREAT!. I have a 90 gal reef and am wondering if i need to keep the rock in the sepearte tank its in now before i add it or is it ok to add right away?

buzz

If it was shipped to you, it will have some die off. I would cure it temporarily in another tank if you are adding to an existing set up.

how many pieces was the 25 lbs cause i wanna order some but not sure wheter to order 25 or 50lbs also what was the average size

djessem

A friend and I split 50 lbs. There was one piece that was HUGE! Probably 20 lb piece in one piece. The rest was broken up into 3 large p[ieces (although smaller than the one huge piece) and then several fist sized pieces. The rock from SWF.com was anything BUT disappointing. You wont be disappointed at all. The rock had good coralline coverage ( mostly reds and greenish coralline) and that one huge piece was AWESOME!. It was about 2 feet long. So to answer your question, my oprder was a 50 lb order of premium fuji and was better than anything in lfs around here!~

Wow dude, that rock sounds amazing. I guess it would be worth paying twice as much for the rock here if it is that good.

djessem

Guys im not trying to be a commercial for this site but consider this......We will all usually jump on lr for 3 bucks a lb and travel several hours to pick it up. This site sells ultra fuji at 4 dollars /lb and trust me ......it was nice rock......and it does seem that patronizing the site where we gain much valuable info from their message boards is a good idea......especially when the price is quite good compared to the trouble of traveling to someone that is usually gonna be keeping pieces that are primo !!!! Give an order to SWF.com a try and se for yourself.......im happy with it