Adding sump/fuge

spartanph

I have an 85 gallon reef tank right now with a hob prizm skimmer.
I'm adding a sump/fuge similar to model f found on melevsreef site. Dimensions 36x14x18
The tank is not predilled. The plan is to put a cpr cs202 overflow on with one line to the fuge area and one line to the skimmer area.
I'm going with a euro reef skimmer and a mag drive 12 return pump.
Does this sound right to you guys. Is this going to be to much flow? I currently have 3 aquaclear 70 ph's and 2 seio 620's in the tank. I'd like to remove some of the ph's.

greenwolf52

All of this sounds very good. A fuge is definitely a huge step in the right direction for any marine setup. Sounds like you have it all set up correctly. As far as flow goes. I don't have a reef setup, but from what I've heard, you need lots and lots of flow. You can never have too much flow. I'm not familiar with your ph's you named but, you're gonna need as much flow as possible. Now...the return line from your sump will be acting as a ph so I guess you could actually lose one or two of the weaker ones you have now, but maybe put one in the fuge section of your sump. It's usually good to have better flow down there, too.
If I were you, I would try to use everything I have for optimum water movement. If you're worried about the ugly ph's all over the place, try hiding them behind rock or something of that nature. Just use your head and be creative. That's the fun part :)