Additions...OK?

excite74

Alright...I have a 55 gallon Fish-only with live rock tank. I have an Aquaclear/Hagan Powerfilter 500 (500gph). I also have 2 400gph powerheads and a sea-clone skimmer with 80lbs of live rock and 3" dsb. the currenty residents of my aquarium are 1 Yellow-tailed blue damselfish, 1 six-line wrasse, and 1 Wimplefish aka Heniochus Butterflyfish aka bannerfish, (heniochus acuminatus) I was wondering if it would be ok to add 3 green chromis, and 1 dwarf angelfish (either Lemonpeel or Coral Beauty.) Any and all questions and comments are welcome...Thankyou in advance.

sid2003

sorry i can't answer your question but i have one of my own. What all do you have in your 10 gal? I tried a 10gal and it infuriated me to no return. Have you been successful with it and if so how?

excite74

SID2003 I have a pair of Pink Skunk Clownfish and a Magnificent Anemone...the anemone almost covers the whole tank I have over 60 watts on the tank and I use a sea-clone skimmer. HTH

jim672

Excite74,
The chromis will be fine. The dwarf angels (sp.centrophyge) require a more mature tank with lots of algea growth. They graze constantly. If your tank hasn't been set up for at least 6 months, I'd delay purchasing a dwarf angel.
The two you've selected are both beautiful, but the coral beauty is more hardy than the lemonpeel.
I'll agree that the heniochus will outgrow your tank.
Jim

ophiura

Sid2003,
You may want to check out the nano reef board here on SWF, where people talk about their small tanks. They are quite difficult to keep in some ways...look out for a nice thread called 'nano police' or something like that.