Adios Kornheiser...

kjr_trig

Looking forward to Chuckie myself, I always liked him....I like Kornheiser on PTI, but his act was growing old for me on MNF....On paper sounds like a good change, be interesting if Gruden is offered a head coaching job in a year though, seems like a temporary thing to me.

ruaround

Chuckie did a great job at the combine on the NFL N... im sure this is a temp thing... i cant see him not coaching for more than one season...

pontius

I too like him on PTI but think he is very annoying on MNF. and I always got the impression that Ron Jaworski absolutely hates him. seems like everything stupid that Kornheiser says on MNF (which is everything that comes out of his mouth), Jaws responded with a scathing remark. probably just due to the fact that Jaws played ball in the angriest city on earth and it rubbed off on him.

aquaknight

Agreed, Kornheiser is good as the contrast, opposite Wilbon on PTI, but not for MNF. Too many dumb comments, too opinionated, too bias... It's like watching Madden during a Packers game

Just not sure if Chuckie can keep his cool. Everytime they show him, he looks like he's going to blow up. Granted he no longer has the stress of being a head coach...

mantisman51

Kornheiser was the poster child for the unathletic sports announcers. He is a scrawny little poseur. The only athletic events he should be commenting on is badminton and dominoes. Little wannabes like him make me turn the TV off. I was going to substitute holer for heiser, but I figured the mod squad would have me in cuffs before I could blink. I don't think his entire body would fill a jock strap.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3046722
Kornheiser was the poster child for the unathletic sports announcers. He is a scrawny little poseur. The only athletic events he should be commenting on is badminton and dominoes. Little wannabes like him make me turn the TV off. I was going to substitute holer for heiser, but I figured the mod squad would have me in cuffs before I could blink. I don't think his entire body would fill a jock strap.
Those that can't play the game, coach. Those that can't coach, announce. Those that can't announce, write.
Kornhesier is somewhere inbetween the last two.....

I am a huge Tampa Bay fan as well as a Gruden fan and was sad to see him go. I was suprised to see him get signed on to MNF but am happy to hear him broadcast, should be fun

ruaround

Originally Posted by spinylobster
http:///forum/post/3047786
I am a huge Tampa Bay fan as well as a Gruden fan and was sad to see him go. I was suprised to see him get signed on to MNF but am happy to hear him broadcast, should be fun

you should search my Bucs pix threads...