Advice for a tank upgrade

swishy

I have a ten gal nano, i would like to upgrade to something between 12-16, i like the idea of the eclipse systems but i want to keep my corallife light. I am unfamiliar with the systems can you remove the hood and put a different light on it? or is the filtation all part of hte hood as well? Anybody have any input that would be great

reefdude37

I used to have a eclipse system and the hood comes with the lights and filteration system. I took mine off and replaced with with a 96 watt coralife lighting fixture. I sold that tank and brought a 10 gallon and that is what I have now. You can buy the aquapods and stuff that comes with good lights. I would suggest just look around and find what you want.

swishy

I dont have the space for anything larger than a 16gal and that is pushing it....I travle, to and from college four times a year and the tank comes with me into the dorms. hte rule is a 10gal, but My RA wouldnt notice if it was a 12gal.
I was mostly looking at the eclips systems because they have a lot of flitration built in and i want to improve my filtration to cut back on the amount of water changes i have to do weekly. But I like the fact that it is all built in on the eclips and not hanging off the back...in a dorm it helps to have things stream lined.
Also i am really nervouse about building up my rocks because about a year ago the bottom of the tank fell threw, it was a regular all glass 10gal tank. I am wondering if an acrilic tank would be more sturdy and dela better with the moving and still be able to hold the wight of a few more pounds of rock ( i only have 8-10lbs with a 1/2 live sand...Not Enough)
Thanks for the help :happyfish