Advice on Light set up I am purchasing today

fireshrimp

Hello everyone
I went to my LFS and they were misktakenly given a New Wave T5 HO 48inch with 8 bulbs set up. They were going to ship it back to the manufacturer but said i could buy it at cost.
They are asking 424.00 out the door.
Is this a good deal ? Will i be able to support any type of coral or clam I decide to purchase in the future? I do not want to have to upgrade my lights again in the future.
It seems too good to pass up but I wanted to ask everyone here because I know I will get a "real" answer not a "yes this is exactly what you need answer" and I am not knowledgable when it comes to lights.
Thanks in Advance
FireShrimp

dawman

From what I`ve seen when I was shopping for a T-5 fixture he is not selling you that at cost , more like retail . As an example the Nova Extreme T-5 fixture 48" 432 watt eight bulb with four lunar lights is $399 retail . Sounds like they are trying to make you think you are getting a deal .

fireshrimp

Hmm are you familiar with these lights or anyone else? Are they worth the price or should I shop around a bit ? Will my future corals and clams be happy?
Thank you for the replies.

dawman

I`ve seen on many forums where people had to buy reflectors because the stock one suck . About all I`ve heard about them . I`d stay away and buy a well known popular fixture .