Advice on stocking 55gal...

aandersen

Anyone have any ideas for stocking a 55, I know I want 2 percs, also let me know what order to introduce them....Thanks in advance

aandersen

I know I want lots of color. I would like a pair of percs and either a flame angel or a coral beauty, are there any other smaller colorful fish with good personality that I could add, what does everyone recommend???

xpetex

ok well you can add a yellow tang for sure...i dunno what u guys r talking about. if u really want those percs, u can add the flame angel w/ a yellow tang and maybe any kind of gramma. there are alot of options for 55 gallons. i would not put in a large angel though, and some tangs are not fit for 55 gallons. u could also do lion fish, snowflake eels, puffers, and any kind of clowns. if you dont like the look of the yellow tang, you can put in a blue regal tang in for sure. the only bummer about blue regal tangs is that they are the most prone to white spot and saltwater ich!!!!!! right on with ur tank bro

aandersen

I do not think that a tang should be in anything smaller than 100 gallons, I know the blue tangs and other large ones get over 12", I may add a small yellow tang when I am getting ready to upgrade to a larger tank...Thanks for your advice

kittykitty

DONT put a blue tang in that tank, please. You've got the right idea.
As far as clowns go, you probably know that you can't mix species or they willl fight;

stacyt

Some other good fish for a 55 would be firefish, bengaii cardinal, maybe a flame angel, gobies, and some wrasse species. Good choice in not putting a tang into the mix.